MAX is on a mission to fix Africa’s notorious last-mile delivery and online-retail problems by using mobile and web platforms to connect consumers, retail businesses, and independent drivers in real-time. We are eliminating all logistics and technology barriers that have historically prevented retail businesses in Africa from realizing their full potential.
Job Title: Accountant
MAX is recruiting for an Experienced Accountant with ACA or ACCA or any other relevant certification who can add value to the financial operations of the business.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies
- Record, up-date and keep all financial documents
- Ensure compliance with established Standard Operating Procedures and legal procedures
- Initiate and co-ordinate administrative and operational methods and procedures as required.
- Protect and secure MAX’s value and financial information
- Provide periodic reports to management when expected or requested
- Stay up-to-date of developments in global accounting practice
- Balance primary and secondary duties and tasks
- Manage and supervise junior accountants and collection officers
- Involvement in staff recruitment and appraisals to determine financial implications
- Ensuring accuracy and effectiveness in all accounting tasks carried out in the team
- Observe and train team members to improve standards, knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Oversee and reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Process all Cheque and transfer payment requests on timely basis
- Maintain and balance accounts and bank statements
- Conduct bank reconciliation activities
- Prepare and record financial statements
- Track, analyse and report the financial status of the company
- Prepare financial reports for taxes, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders
- Develop procedure and advise on financial management
- Assist CFO with forecasting and budgeting for company’s future needs
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal and communication(written and oral) skills
- Proficient in MS Office Tools and Financial Accounting Software
- Knowledge of Corporate Finance
- Ability to manage and juggle multiple priorities and projects
- Critical and Analytical thinking
- Accuracy and Attention to detail
- Confidentiality and Thoroughness
1st September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
To apply for this job please visit max.ng .