Applicants can now send in their Google for Startups Black Founders Fund Africa 2021/2023 Application. Before you begin your application we advice you read the program requirements carefully.
About the Program
The Google for Startups Black Founders Fund Africa 2021 is a program that is aimed at supporting early-stage Black-founded startups and Startups that are benefiting the black community.
The Black Founders Fund is intended for startups with self-identifying Black leaders or companies directly supporting the Black community. The funds will be given along with mentorship support and Google platform credits to help the startups grow. Applications are encouraged from established startups based in Africa who are seeking seed-stage funding to apply.
Who is Eligible to apply for Google for Startups Black Founders Fund Africa
To be eligible for the Google for Startups Black Founders Fund, startups must possess the following requirements:
- Startup must be headquartered in Africa or has a legal presence on the continent.
- Startups must create jobs, has growth potential to raise more funding and thereby making an impact.
- Directly supporting the Black community with at least one Black C-level founding member.
- Must possess compatibility with Google products.
- Applications are currently being accepted from the following countries in Africa: Botswana, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda and Zimbabwe.
How to Apply for this Program
Those who meet the eligibility requirements for the Google for Startups Black Founders Fund 2021 are to apply online before the close of the application window.
Application for this program closes July 7, 2021