Federal Government of Nigeria/UNDP Jubilee Fellowship Programme 2021 for Young Graduates
Applicants can now begin their application for the Federal Government of Nigeria/UNDP Jubilee Fellowship Programme 2021 for Young Graduates.
In Nigeria, a country still recovering from an economic recession and the multisector impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, it’s even harder to match accessible talent with entry-level roles. The Fellowship seeks to bridge the gap between young graduates and organizations human resource demands on the job market by connecting talented Nigerian youth with local work opportunities.
The NJFP is a youth empowerment partnership initiative championed by the Federal Government of Nigeria to mitigate the development impact of rising national unemployment and underemployment rates. The Fellowship is supported by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and other partners.
The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme equips the next generation of young leaders who are poised to steer the course of national development by giving them the tools they need to succeed, today. Public and private sector stakeholders play a crucial role in this process as progress partners through which the long-term future of the nation is secured and immediate human capital needs are met.
Transparency and accountability are cornerstones of the NJFP. The programme will serve all of Nigeria – from North to South and East to West – ensuring that organisations and youth from all corners of the country can participate through merit-based selection. We are challenging the narrative that world class opportunities only exist outside our borders.
The programme is also equipped with a robust financial management system and internal controls to enable financial transfers to be made directly to participating youth. Programme management, procurement and outsourcing are monitored and audited with a unique Monitoring and Evaluation framework to ensure the NJFP stays accountable to its participants, partners and long-term objectives.
Requirements for this Programme
Criteria for application
- To be an eligible fellow, the applicant must be a Nigerian citizen and a fresh graduate (Bachelor’s Degree) from any discipline and graduate no earlier than 2017.
- Applicants must graduate with at least a Second Class Lower (2.2) and above and must be at most 30 years old.
- Applicants must not be currently engaged in any employment and would have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) or have a certificate of exemption.
Other requirements are: applicants must demonstrate interest/commitment in the chosen career field and also demonstrate interest/commitment to contributing to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.
- They must also have excellent time management and a professional attitude and have good verbal and written communication skills.
- The target of the Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme is to place 20,000 highly skilled Nigerian youth in private and public sector organizations spanning various types, sizes and industries across the country.
- Fellows will receive a monthly stipend. This will be covered by the NJFP for the first year.
- Cost Savings – No HR agencies, advertising costs, lengthy triple-round interview process, or salary costs. The NJFP has you covered.
- Increased Productivity – Access to a wide range of highly qualified candidates with cutting-edge skills relevant to your organisation that will help to increase your team’s productivity.
- Improved Brand Image – Boosting your corporate social responsibility work and by showing commitment to give back to the community engagement in the programme will contribute to a positive brand image for your organization.
- Expanded Network – You will be a part of the NJFP network of national and regional private and public sector entities as well gain access to an expanded pool of experienced, employable young Nigerian expertise to draw from.
- Increased Policy Influence – Access to a national platform for deliberative public policy reform discussions on education, employment and relevant industry policy issues.
Benefits for Fellows
The Nigeria Jubilee Fellows Programme equips the next generation of young leaders who are poised to steer the course of national development by giving them the tools they need to succeed, today.
Other programmes and initiatives tend to require some sort of advanced requirement from applicants or lower the entry bar in terms of the kind of opportunities that are available. NJFP does the opposite, by inviting qualified applicants across a level playing field without compromising the pedigree of organisations that will play host to successful Fellows.
- Fellows will be matched with host organisations based on their interests as well as those aligned to the organisation
- They will receive a monthly stipend from NJFP
- 3 clear pathways are available for the Jubilee Fellow at the end of their active engagement in the fellowship:
- High performing Jubilee Fellows may go on to be retained by their respective host organisations.
- Fellows with interest in entrepreneurship would have garnered sufficient skills and knowledge on the job which will be invaluable as they pursue other opportunities
- With newly acquired on-the-job skills & competencies, experience. exposure and a formidable alumni network which can be leveraged, fellows are better positioned and equipped to compete and access future jobs and employment opportunities.
How to Apply for UNDPF fellowship programme
For More Information:
- A 12-month fully paid programme designed to enhance their employability, building leadership competencies, and transferring on-the-job skills.
Application closing date.
The application runs from September 6 to October 20, 2021. Applicants are expected to apply during this period.