Australian Government – India Research Students Fellowship Program is now open for applications from interested and outstanding international students. AIRS Fellows will receive a lump sum to cover all travel and standard living expenses, taking into account length of stay and country in which the fellowship is undertaken.
The program contains about 70 fellowships of up to AUD $10,000 are available, with 35 awards available to applicants from higher education institutions in each country. The program is open to eligible research students and post-doctoral scholars (early-career researchers) across all disciplines.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Australian Government
- Host Institution(s): Higher institutions in Australia and India
- Scholarship Worth: AUD $10,000, Flight ticket & Living Stipend
- Number of Awards: 70
- Study Level: Research Students & Post-doctoral scholars
- Nationality: International Students
Details of Australia – India Research Students Fellowship
AIRS Fellows will undertake a research project during an exchange of 4 to 8 weeks, to be completed by mid-October 2023.The AIRS Fellowship program was jointly proposed at the fifth Australia India Education Council in Delhi in November 2019.
It was launched in August 2022 at the sixth Australia India Education Council meeting, co-chaired by Australian Education Minister The Hon Jason Clare and Indian Minister of Education and Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship The Hon Dharmendra Pradhan. The program is run by the Australia India Institute and funded by the Australian Government Department of Education.
To be eligible for Australian Government India Research Students Fellowship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Masters by research students (includes Master of Science and Master of Philosophy)
- Masters by coursework students undertaking a research subject or research component
- Doctoral research students (including Doctor of Philosophy)
- Post-doctoral scholars (early career researchers) up to 5-years post-doctorate
- Undergraduate students are not eligible
- Doctoral students already participating in a joint Australia-India PhD program are not eligible.
How To Apply
How-to-Apply: Before applying, please read all sections of the Guidelines, which include important information on eligibility and the documents required to submit an application.
Applications can only be made via the online application form. You will need to register as a researcher with ARCH-India to view and submit the application form. Registering your profile on ARCH-India also enables you to save and revisit your application.
Application Deadline: Not Stated