Application for Asian Development Bank Scholarships 2021/2023 is open for graduate students that are eligible.
To apply for this scholarship you must meet the scholarship requirement by the Asian Development Bank.
About Asian Development Bank Scholarships
The ADB-Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) offers about 140 postgraduate scholarships a year for studies in economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields.
Key Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The academic institution will screen and rank the applicants, based on its own selection criteria, keeping in view the eligibility requirements and selection criteria of the ADB. In the evaluation process, the academic institution may contact the candidates for further information. The academic institution will then submit its ranked list of applicants to ADB, including a description of the score/grading system which is the basis for the ranking.
- ADB will review the submission from the academic institutions and recommend awardees based on the selection criteria of ADB to the Executive Director of Japan for formal approval.
- Upon approval by the Executive Director of Japan, ADB will advise academic institutions on the successful candidates.
- The academic institution will inform all applicants of the outcome of the selection process and begin to make arrangements for the awardees take up their scholarships.
- The academic institutions will arrange for the signing of the acceptance of scholarship award by awardee wherein the scholars agree that after completion of their study, they will return to their home country.
- ADB will send an appropriate congratulatory letter to scholars through the university.
Scholarship Benefits and Details
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Asian Development Bank/Japan Government
- Scholarship to be taken at: See the list of Academic Institutions
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded Scholarships
- Scholarship level: Postgraduate (Masters and Ph.D.)
- Scholarship Slots: 140 Scholarships
- Scholarship Worth: Full funding (Amount not stated)
- Subject Eligibility: economics, management, science and technology, and other development-related fields
- Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
How to Apply for this Scholarship
To successfully apply for the ADB-Japan scholarship 2021, applicants should follow these steps;
Request information: Applicants should request information and application forms from the chosen academic institution(s). Applicants are encouraged to access various resources, including the institutions’ websites and handbooks, and institution information sessions held in-country, to assist them in making an informed decision on the academic institution and course they wish to undertake.
Step 2: Apply for scholarship
- Applicants should indicate to the academic institution that they are applying for admission and that they would like to be considered for the ADB–JSP Scholarship.
- The completed institution application form and required documentation, including the ADB–JSP application sheet form, should be submitted to the academic institution.
- Applicants must ensure that they submit accurate and complete documentation.
- Failure to do so may result in an application not being processed or to an award being terminated if documentation or information provided is later determined to be false.
- Applicants are required to submit their latest Income tax return or certification of their annual salary/monthly salary, whichever is available.
- They should also submit a certification of family income (parent’s income).
Applications for scholarships should be sent at least six months prior to the planned time that you wish to commence studies.
Important to note
- No separate application to ADB is necessary.
- The duly accomplished applications form together with all copies of academic records should be sent to the institution at least six (6) months before the commencement of the intake that you wish to join.
- Only candidates who have been offered admission and endorsed by the academic institutions will be considered for the scholarships by the ADB.
- The ADB-JSP does not cover expenses for the scholar’s family; extra-curricular courses or training; additional travel during the course of the study program; additional expenses related to supplementary educational materials, field trips, or participation in workshops, seminars, or internships while at the academic institution or purchase of educational equipment such as computers.
- Completion of the application form or admission by the academic institution does not mean that you have been accepted for a scholarship; accordingly, you should not take any action with respect to your current employment or otherwise, until you have been informed by the institution that you have been awarded a scholarship.
The deadline Varies by institutions