African App Launchpad Cup is a competition for Africans in App & Game Development industry. This year’s version happens to be the second since the launch of this initiative.
AAL CUP applicants will be competing for a total of $72 K in this year’s African App Launchpad.
The President of Egypt, Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, announced the African App Launchpad initiative within the closing ceremony of the World Youth Forum (WYF) 2018 on Nov 6, 2018 in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt.
What is the African App Launchpad cup all about
The African App Launchpad (AAL) initiative is an Africa-wide platform aiming to build capacity of Youth from Egypt and other African States and foster the establishment of sustainable startups in the area of the advanced ever-changing app and game technologies.
AAL targets to build a capacity of 10,000 young calibers and support the establishment of 100 startups in gaming and app development across all Africa. AAL works by availing a high-quality, technology-learning online platform through crowd-sourcing top online content developed by prestigious universities and leading companies, and delivered through three leading MOOCs; Coursera, edX, and Udacity
- Game Development
- App. Development
Who is Eligible to Apply for this competition.
- Apply as Teams or Startups up to 2 Years Old
- Team Size not Less than 2 Members
- A Working Prototype at least is a Must
- Your team must be citizens in one of the 20 African countries mentioned in the Eligibility Criteria, which are: Egypt, Algeria, Angola, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, The Gambia, Nigeria, Togo and Uganda.
What are the Prizes and Perks to be won
- $72k Total Cash Prizes for Winners
- Business planning training by GrindStone
- Acceleration Program by Microsoft through THINKROOM
- Access to VCs for top winning startups
How to apply for African App launchpad cup 2020
You have to submit a link to your working prototype or product in the registration form.
Deadline for Application
Registration ends on Sunday 22nd of Nov. 2020
Your application will be reviewed and you will receive a reply after the registration closes if your startup/team was selected for next phases or not.