Looking for ways to get started with a video marketing career? Find the full checklist inside.
Are you ready for a video marketing explosion in the near future? You should be because once a video is uploaded, chances are that if successful, it will drive increased product awareness as well as an influx of organic lead generation. It comes as no surprise that brands want to seize this golden opportunity to directly connect with customers through video marketing. This makes it one of the most lucrative career options right now.
While brands have been consistently increasing their video marketing budgets, research now shows that in 2016 they were only seeing a 33 percent return on video investment. This figure grew to 87 percent by 2018. Since then, people started realizing that any money put into making videos will eventually lead to positive ROI statistics for businesses. It’s become a mad dash to ensure that every brand has a video marketing strategy.
This is because videos tend to be shared much more than text and image posts combined. Moreover, statistics have revealed how simply using a music-only background can help boost your chances of success when it comes to SEO. This simply shows the vast amounts of content marketing requirements that would be generated in the future.
It would be only fair to assume that audience preferences would play a role in creating an appealing online content experience. Video content is considered “easy-to-consume” as well as something that can provide a much-needed break from the overabundance of textual information online. In this article, we have listed the best strategies for a successful career in marketing. Here are 6 points to keep in mind:
- Create a plan: It’s important that you stay on top of things, and remember that no one is going to do all the work for you. Setting up a plan will help make sure you stick to deadlines and follow through on ideas. If you don’t take the initiative when it comes to creating a plan, it may not be very effective. When developing a plan, make sure you allow yourself time to familiarize yourself with the various software and tools to help you build a successful career in video marketing. Stay up-to-date with the latest video marketing trends and video editors and chalk out your short and long-term goals.
- Stick with your knowledge: Stick with what you know in the beginning. There will always be time to expand your scope once you perfect your primary areas of interest. Before you dive into creating new content or figure out what direction you want your blog to take, consider how existing work is going for you in terms of audience engagement and conversion rates. If it lines up, maybe the best way to proceed is by sticking with user interests and creating similar content pieces rather than by trying something completely different that might not be a good fit just yet. It may seem too safe, but it’ll save you time and frustration later!
- Create bite-sized content: Whether you’ve already created educational content or have taken note of what might resonate best with your audience through video, it’s important to remember that bite-size pieces of content now and then can be extremely effective. People’s attention spans have reduced significantly, so short and snappy videos are more likely to grab attention than long ones. You can check out some notable snippets on YouTube featuring guest speakers and content curators who effectively deliver fascinating bite-sized insights from a variety of industries.
- Let’s get to work: Okay, so we’ve got the basics of why good content makes a successful video. Now it’s time for us to get started with our project – your first video! The truth is that the first videos are intended to be rough drafts. This is a good thing because you have plenty of time to practice and plan. First videos err on the side of caution, showing only the most visually appealing content with a low budget. After all, if you’re going to get started building an audience with YouTube and social media marketing campaigns, you want to start by impressing them right? So, save the experimentation for later. Let your first video stick to the basics to generate an audience.
- Search matters: Move past basic SEO 101 principles and into advanced strategies to help your videos get ranked higher than ever before on YouTube. This will help them attract more local searches and even get those videos going viral. So, while others are left scratching their heads over SEO, trying to figure out why Google still doesn’t view their business or website as awesome as they do, you will have cracked it.
- Partner with influencers: There was a time when ‘celebrity endorsement’ was something that only big brands could afford. Before the age of social media, it was difficult for competing brands to match up to organizations like big sports teams and famous actors. This is because celebrities can automatically reach millions of people instantly through their fame alone. Thankfully, things have changed now that small businesses have caught up. Micro-influencers are taking over the digital space. They may not yet be household names, but they still have a loyal following and possess a unique understanding of how to appeal to their own niche audience.
The above tips should put you on the path to a successful career in video marketing. It’s best to start early, learn the ropes and then explore your creativity. It is a lucrative career that is bound to grow manifold in the coming years, so don’t miss out!