This is to announce to the general public that The World Academic of Sciences/ Chinese Academy of Sciences (TWAS-CAS) award 2021 is currently nominating new awardees.
The nomination is mainly for young scientists from developing countries. Please note the scientist must not be older than 45 years who are living and working in a developing country.
The recipients will receive USD10,000 sponsored by Lenovo, global leader in consumer, commercial, and enterprise technology that is the largest PC company in the world. Applicants are to note that the selection of the winner is made on scientific merit.
TWAS-CAS Young Scientists Award 2021 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the TWAS-CAS Young Scientists Award for Developing Countries, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be young scientists not older than 45 years from a developing country.
- Applicants must demonstrate strong leadership and academic potentials
- Applicants must be nominated by a qualified nominator.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant certification from a recognized higher institution.
How to nominate a scientist:
The nominations can only be submitted electronically through the on-line platform by visiting the official website. A nomination is considered complete only if includes all of the following information/material:
- Nominator contact details;
- Nominee contact details (self nominations are not accepted) and general information on the nominee, including the country where he/she has been working and living in the past 2 years;
- Authorization from the nominee (1.e. the candidate) to process his/her personal data for the purposes of his/her nomination. The authorization can only be submitted through the online platform. The privacy authorization form is available for download in the section ‘nominee’s personal data’. The form must be filled in and signed by the candidate and then uploaded onto the on-line platform.
- Supporting statement regarding the nominee’s contribution in physical sciences. Supporting statements should explain in detail the work performed by the candidate and its significance in the relevant scientific context. Clear reference should be made to the scientific impact of the nominee’s work. Vague supporting statements will not be considered and will negatively affect the evaluation;
- Clear and detailed account of any time spent abroad by the nominee in the past two years;
- Information about the applicant’s PhD information on subject area, year and awarding institution.
- List of 10 most significant publications listed in an internationally acceptable format.
- The nominee’s brief CV and her/his complete list of publications are also to be uploaded, separately, onto the online platform.
TWAS-CAS Young Scientists Award 2021 closes 12th May, 2021.