Senior Brand Protection Manager at Guinness Nigeria Plc
Guinness Nigeria PLC is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
Job Title: Senior Brand Protection Manager
Location: Lagos Ref Id: JR1031759
Company: Guinness Nigeria Plc
Context / Scope
- Counterfeiting is one of the fastest growing economic crimes of modern times; it robs governments of businesses and society of billions in tax revenue and places significant drain on global economy.
- In addition, it devalues brand reputation, hinders investment and funds terrorism.
- Counterfeiting costs global economy hundreds of billions in US$ annually accounting for over 5% of world trade.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Counterfeit and look-a-like products are now an issue for Diageo on every continent.
- Ultimately, if left unchecked, they could negatively impact our most famous brands.
- Attacking counterfeiting of our brands on all fronts to protect the consumer, customer and our brand integrity is in the forefront of Diageo Brand Protection agenda.
- Diageo’s vision is that all those who enjoy our brands should be able to “Celebrate Safely Every Time” with our brands (both current brands and potential acquisitions).
- Activities of counterfeiters and illicit traders are also often carried out across borders of different countries.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate with a minimum of 10 years post-graduation cognate experience including not less than 5 years experience in security, intelligence, anti-counterfeit or strategic management.
- A strategic, in-depth understanding of the issues surrounding counterfeiting.
- Good communication skills (oral and written) in English. Ability to communicate in French would be an added advantage.
- Prior experience with cross-border responsibility would be an added advantage.
- A Legal and/or Law Enforcement background is desirable.
- Solutions-oriented with the ability to provide long-term solutions to matters relating to Brand Protection.
- Possesses advanced commercial & analytical skills.
- Understand the nature of human intelligence gathering techniques.
- Knowledge of the conservation and continuity of evidence.
- Able to prepare reports, conduct interviews and develop/deliver training and creatively disseminate critical information to multiple stakeholders using multiple channels.
- Display capability to apply the intelligence cycle.
- Ability to deal credibly and professionally with internal stakeholders, Government Officials, Lawyers and external Investigators.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants that are interested and qualified in the position above should CLICK HERE TO APPLY