International students are invited for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships for Postgraduate Students 2021.
About Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships for Postgraduate Students 2021
Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are offered by the Scottish Government in collaboration with Scottish universities in the areas of science, technology, creative industries, healthcare, and medical sciences, and renewable and clean energy.
Details About this scholarship
The scheme offers up to 50 awards, each worth £8000, towards tuition fees for any one year of full-time study on a postgraduate Masters’s programme at any of Scotland’s higher education institutions. Our chosen scholars are people who aspire to become influential leaders in their future careers. They have wide-ranging interests outside their studies and a desire to broaden their personal and academic experience in Scotland.
Who is eligibility to Apply
Candidates interested in Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships for Postgraduate Students 2021 are expected to meet the following eligibility criteria;
- Applicants must be International Students.
- Meet the language requirements of the course.
- Have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course that will be delivered physically in Scotland or via distance online learning or via a combination of both.
- Complete an application form and submit it by the closing date of 28 May 2021.
- Not have previously studied in Scotland.
- Be a citizen of Canada, India, Japan, USA, Pakistan, or China (Hong Kong citizens are also eligible as it is a Special Administrative Region of China).
- Be able to demonstrate that they can meet the costs of living in Scotland (where this is applicable) and the remaining tuition fees.
- Not have previously received a Saltire Scholarship.
The course must be a postgraduate Masters level course in one of the following subject areas
- Creative industries
- Renewable and clean energy
- Healthcare and medical sciences
The following benefits will be awarded to the successful candidates for the scholarship
- The award is £8000, towards tuition fees
- The scheme offers up to 50 awards
How to Apply for this Scholarship
Interested applicants for Scotland’s Saltire Scholarships are can proceed to complete the scholarship application form after reading the eligibility rules and FAQs. In order to apply for a Saltire Scholarship, 2021 candidates must have a conditional or unconditional offer of a place at a Scottish university on an eligible course.
Application closes May 28, 2021.