Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) Electricity Essay Challenge 2021 is ongoing. Applicants are expected to read the essay requirements before applying.
About Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC)
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations, and set cost-reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its headquarters in Abuja and has currently six zonal offices in the six geopolitical zones of the country.
Applications are invited for:
Title: NERC Electricity Essay Challenge 2021
(Topic: Electricity Theft and its Implications for the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry (NESI))
- Interested SS2 students should write an essay of not less than 450 words and not more than 500 words, on the topic “Electricity Theft and its implications for the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry (NESI)”.
- This competition is open to ONLY SS2 students in Nigeria.
- Fantastic prizes to be won by: First Position, Second Position, Third Position and lots of consolation prizes for other participants too.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their essay by email to: [email protected]
In an A4 envelop properly sealed and addressed as follows:
2021 Essay Competition,
Consumer Affairs Division,
Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission,
NERC HOUSE, Plot 1387,
Cadastral Zone A00,
Central Business District,
Behind BOA House, Abuja.
- All submissions must contain the name of the student, FULL home and school addresses, email address, and contact phone number.
- Entries must reach the above address on or before the closing date above. Any entry submitted after the above stipulated time will be disqualified
5pm 23rd August 2021.