At Deluxe Mint, we deals with domestic and industrial metal works, providing infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings according to the industries need and application. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Welding Intern/trainee Program
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people.
- The Welder Intern will assist Fitter/Welders with general daily factory activities in a fast paced manufacturing environment with hostel facilities for the interns.
- Perform repetitive types of assembling operations according to procedures established by others; and use hand tools and measuring devices in the performance of work
- Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures
- Maintain the cleanliness of work area including all equipment and machinery
- Ability to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) and work both in a non-temperature controlled environment and outdoors
- Perform welding operations requiring a limited amount of planning and laying out of work from blueprints or other written specifications, and determine operation sequence
- Move pole shafts using an overhead crane and gather parts and materials to complete the project
- Other duties as required and/or assigned.
Important Details About The Role
- Setup, operate, and perform general maintenance of equipment without difficulty
- Make mathematical calculations in preparing product or setting up the machinery
- Read and decipher blue prints and flat sheets with assistance
- The employee has a direct impact on safety, quality, productivity, and delivery
- This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
- The employee must maintain a safe and productive work environment producing a quality product which is shipped complete and on time to satisfy the needs of the customer
Qualified Candidates will Learn:
- Working knowledge of fix Turing and weld setup parameters (amps, volts, etc.)
- Knowledge of welding properties of a variety of metals
- The ability to read and interpret blueprints to properly fit all products
- Must have a high awareness for safety at all times.
- Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Pursuing certification or degree from an accredited school.
- Minimum of SSCE
- The ability to set up work and determine operation sequence
- The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
- The ability to meet production, safety, and quality standards in a high-paced working environment
- The ability to lift up to 50 pounds, with most frequent lift up to 20 pounds
- Wear required personal protective equipment and follow facility safety regulations
- Maintain a safe and productive working environment.
- The ability to calculate formulas using basic mathematics, standard and Metric Measurements
- The ability to recognize and solve practical problems or issues
- The ability to work in a team environment with a diverse group of people
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- If you have a disability and require any assistant throughout the program in dictate in your CV
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org