United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Recruits PSP Associate (Multichannel)
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband. Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Job Title: PSP Associate (Multichannel)
Category / Grade: LICA 6
Type of contract: UNOPS / 6 Months
Effective date of assignment: 1st July, 2020
- UNHCR is the UN Refugee Agency and takes the lead in providing international protection for millions of refugees and displaced people worldwide
- Private Sector Partnerships (PSP) is a fast-growing global division with offices in many countries across the world. The fundraisers help raise vital funds for refugees and build the UNHCR brand. Individual Giving (IG) is targeted at the general public to secure the support of individuals through regular, unrestricted donations, cash appeals and legacies.
- The aim is to generate both monthly and one-time donations from individuals using various channels and methods including direct mail, telemarketing, digital fundraising, DRTV and emergency fundraising, with focus on strong donor loyalty and lifetime value
- The purpose is to maximize the donor base from the individual giving (IG) for UNHCR, those with the ability to provide donations of between $1 to $10.000 per year to UNHCR
- The PSP Associate (Multichannel) will oversee and develop the Individual Giving programme and will be focused on generating high volume of quality donors. The aim is to strengthen and diversify the outsourced model.
- The Private Sector Partnerships Associate will report to Senior Regional Fundraising Officer/Head PSP Africa.
- Contribute to the overall development and implementation of the Private Sector fundraising programme;
- Effectively manage the donor acquisition programme through several fundraising channels – using both outsourced and in-house methods, digital fundraising, cold direct mail, direct response television and printed media.
- Effectively manage the donor retention and donor development programme through several channels including direct mail, email telemarketing and SMS.
- Co-ordinate fundraising communications and donor acquisition activities during emergency fundraising situations as fast and as effectively as possible and maintain accurate emergency response procedures.
- Contribute to the evolution of the Individual Giving fundraising programme by looking for opportunities to appropriately grow, diversify and utilise new technology.
- Co-ordinate integrated fundraising projects across different departments.
- Work closely with the major donor team to identify and migrate potential major donors.
- Co-ordinate and/or manage relations with partners, media, contractors and suppliers for PSP programmes.
- Co-ordinate and/or manage the PSP donor database ensuring that donor records are kept up to date.
- Produce ongoing analysis and monitor PSP campaign results.
- Contribute to donor understanding through ongoing research and analysis, and to implementing segmentation strategies for ‘one to many’ marketing activities.
- Monitor all key performance indicators and analysis to support and inform the Individual Giving strategy and its implementation.
- Contribute to the development of National Growth Fund submissions for Individual Giving fundraising to secure funding to increase and develop the donor base.
- Manage and/or oversee the Individual Giving budgets and complete quarterly reports including forecasts, and progress reports as required.
- Keep abreast of UNHCR’s work globally and communicate relevant information to existing and prospective audiences.
- Perform other related duties that may be required.
Essential Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Completion of the Secondary Education with certificate/ training in communication, marketing, advertising, international development, or other related disciplines.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant working experience in Marketing.
- Experience in brand development & project management.
- Current market knowledge of private-sector partnerships.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge in MS Office applications.
- Excellent knowledge (written/ oral/ comprehension) of English. Highly developed drafting ability in English required.
- Proven ability to develop project proposals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications, Marketing, Advertising or related field.
- Knowledge of private sector organizations in the Nigerian market.
- Experience in an international field setting and with project management in the area of humanitarian operations.
- Business acumen, strategic planning, project management, creativity, analytics, oral/written communication, matrix management, team-building and teamwork.
- Organizational adaptation and flexibility.
- Good communicator with presentation skills.
- Candidates must meet the essential minimum requirements of the position and must be Nigerian Nationals or permanent residency holders.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, please visit the portal of the International Civil Service Commission at: http://icsc.un.org
Method of Application
- No late applications will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates might be required to sit for a written test and/or oral interview. UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing or any other fees).
- UNHCR strongly encourages qualified female applicants for this position. UNHCR seeks to ensure that male and female employees are given equal career opportunities. UNHCR is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
11th June, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit unhcr.org .