Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Technical Specialist – MEAL job at Catholic Relief Services (CRS). Please make sure you go through the job requirements before applying for this position.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and nonchurch partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS has worked in Nigeria for more than 25 years.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Specialist – MEAL
- The Global Action Towards Epidemic control in Sub-national units in Nigeria (4GATES) program is a five year (2017-2022), United States Center for Disease Control (CDC) funded HIV/AIDS care, treatment and support program implemented across Faith-based and Government owned health facilities in Delta, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo States.
- Catholic Relief Services is part of the 4GATES consortium which is led by Caritas Nigeria and includes, Catholic Relief Services (CRS), Pro-Health International and Palladium. CRS supports the implementation of the Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) component of the 4GATES project.
- The Technical Specialist (TS) MEAL OVC will support 4GATES objectives and strategies to strengthen MEAL system for OVC programs at the state level. S/he will coordinate M&E activities and structure in the state through collaboration with State Ministries of Women Affairs and Social Development (SMWASD), OVC networks (AONN) and other relevant stakeholders in the development of work plans, activity calendars, towards efficient and effective overall MEAL plan implementation in the state. The position will report to the Abuja-based STS MEAL OVC.
- Furthermore, the STS will provide technical support for the effective functioning of the National OVC Management Information System (NOMIS) at levels in the state (CSOs, State Ministries, 4GATES office) while also strengthening strategies to promote data management and data demand and use. In addition, s/he will ensure the mentoring, couching and capacity building of state-level MEAL team to be able to report quality data using a set of OVC key performance PEPFAR MER indicators and Nigeria-specific (custom) indicators 4GATES headquarters and other relevant OVC stakeholders during the reporting cycles and whenever the need arise, and in a timely manner.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Support the planning and delivery of trainings, workshops and other capacity development interventions for CSOs and 4GATES M&E team.
- Support staff and CSOs and Community volunteers to collect data to capture project performance and results in accordance with FGN and PEPFAR standards.
- Support the Program staff to ensure CSO/FBO partners understand the information needs of project stakeholders and donors and adhere to system requirements.
- Implementing the 4GATES M&E system and ensure its compliance to the PEPFAR and GON standards, identify and resolve implementation issues related to the M&E system.
- Ensure that that the M&E system (including the NOMIS and the PMIS) provides accurate and timely data for quarterly, semi-annual and annual project reports to PEPFAR and the GON.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to CSO M&E staff on the application and use of the available MIS to ensure that high standards of program implementation are provided at all times.
- Ensure that the following tools are established and being used to monitor program results and lessons learned
- Standard tools for routine field monitoring management and technical and reporting
- Annual state level results reviews conducted at the end of each fiscal year to inform the development of annual work plans
- Learning activities that will be an integral part of the M&E system and allow regular identification of lessons learned and best practices.
- Support data demand and data use process within 4GATES.
- Support the application of quality improvement science to improve program M&E at all levels
- Ensure 4GATES reporting system is correctly used by CRS and CSOs: correct data entered into the system so that accurate reports are generated for the USG, FGN and States.
- Ensure excellent, productive use of the data by:
- Leading the development of the results for report to the donor by providing written documentation on M&E, detailed implementation plan (DIP) activities and indicator performance tracking tables (IPTT) for quarterly and annual progress reports,
- Working with the Technical Specialist Case Management/Referral, identify and document programmatic successes, best practices, challenges, and lessons learned
- Support the M&E components of the annual work planning process in close collaboration with the Senior Technical Specialist MEAL and technical staff.
Supervision and Mentoring:
- Supervise M&E staff of supported CSOs and provide overall performance management support for their work.
- Ensure appropriate and effective training of the CSOs and government departments that will receive grants and report on stated objectives.
- Participate on behalf of 4GATES in state level strategic meetings with the GON and TWGs.
- Liaise and coordinate with other OVC actors, including the government, the UN system, other NGOs, learning institutions and civil society actors to promote synergy, share lessons learned and avoid duplication.
- Attend relevant 4GATES management and technical meetings, including community of practice meetings, to ensure close coordination between program, management, and M&E staff
- Attend relevant 4GATES management and technical meetings to ensure close coordination between program, management, and M&E staff.
Required Languages – English
- Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 80%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience in managing a broad-based database, data management applications, statistical packages and MIS including: MS Office (Excel, Access, power point), NOMIS, Power BI, STATA, SPSS.
- Ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
- Ability to support partners working at a distance to achieve results against program objectives/targets.
- Proven leadership and inter-personal skills for effective team work; as well as the ability to work independently on a frequent basis, taking initiative, working under pressure, managing a variety of activities concurrently, and delivering outputs on schedule.
- Experience in participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and CSO/FBO partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: CRS 4GATES team, CRS Operations team, and Security Managers/Focal Points, CRS M&E Senior Technical Specialist
- External: CCFN 4GATES team, SASCP, SACA, PEPFAR Implementing partners, other donors, 4GATES Consortium team members; SMWASWD; other relevant Ministries and GON entities; Core OVC M&E Technical Working Group, MEASURE, and CCFN.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Science with emphasis in community-based (or OVC) development programme, public health, statistics or any development related fields.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in implementing M&E for programs related to Health, HIV, OVC, TB, agriculture or food and nutrition security programming, of which at least two year with a NGOs.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Application Closing Date
25th May, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job please visit crs.taleo.net.