African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
Team Assistant, RDGC recruitment at African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
Job Title: Team Assistant, RDGC
Reference: ADB / 20 / 051
Location: Country Office, Cameroon
Position N°: 50069434
- The Bank has reorganized and is developing the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex whose major objective is to build regional capabilities and bring responsibility for client activities closer to the regions
- Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs have been created, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa; East Africa, and Central Africa. Each Regional Directorate is headed by a Director General and is staffed with the relevant sectoral functions and administrative capabilities for rapid delivery of services to client countries
- The Regional Directorates provide overall strategic direction to country offices within the regions and are responsible for the Bank’s operations, business development, project management and overall effective delivery of the Bank’s High 5s”.
The Hiring Departement / Country Office
- The various Country Office falls within one of the five (5) Regions of the Africa Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs
- The Hub oversees a combination of country and liaison offices, as well as non-presence countries. The Director General is accountable of the specific African region
- Each Hub will house relevant operations, business development and project implementation functions and administrative capabilities in a shared service for rapid deployment into the individual countries, to help drive the overall business of the Bank effectively on the ground.
- Country Offices of the African Development Bank have been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the overall administrative authority of the Director General Central, the Team Assistant will be responsible for maintaining the liaison with other organizational units in respect of activities related to administrative and logistic support; follow up requests for information from other departments as well as disseminating information relevant to the department
- The incumbent also deals with service providers outside the Bank and ensures efficient communication and coordination of activities within the department.
- Devise and maintain office systems to deal efficiently with paper flow; organize and store paperwork, documents and computer-based information; These include the management of the filing and retrieval system
- Track and follow up on documents: deal with incoming email, faxes, post and correspondence;
- Distribute Papers from the Director’s office and maintain a follow up system as required.
- Prepare documents, briefing papers, reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Acts as secretary at meetings. Drafts the minutes of the meetings; establishes a reporting system on all decisions taken during the meetings for follow up of implementation of outstanding decisions.
- Processes the schedule of inter departmental meetings within the Bank, consultation and bi lateral meetings with between Bank and other partners.
- Processes the request to incur representation expenses; follow up of actions to be taken by concerned services.
- Represents the department at Finance/Budget meetings related to carry over budget meetings with FIFC, CHGS and budget departments and disseminates information on any guidelines, instructions, communicated during the meetings
Administration, Budget and Finance:
- Assists and advises the Director General on a variety of administrative and personnel matters;
- Establishes stock control system for the management of office supplies and other bank properties (Personal computers, printers, faxes …); centralizes requests for office supplies submitted by staff within the department and makes provisions in order to ensure distribution of the required items.
- Contributes to the preparation of the annual budget submission of the department as well as the Mid-year budget review and retrospective review.
- Arrange travel, visa and accommodation for staff going on missions.
- Initiate and prepare various administrative documents and forms, such as staff list, Staff missions, training programs, staff absence (annual leave, home leave, excused absence and maternity leave) as well as statistical data when required on staff.
- Manage systems, create and process expenses reports in SAP.
- Advises on the allocation of support staff to meet priorities, workload and timeliness; participates in recruitment of temporary local staff by reviewing candidatures; pre-selecting candidates, and participating in interview panel, providing reports for decision making, drafting terms of reference and follow-up of their recruitment.
- Negotiates with CHGS allocation of appropriate office space for the Unit.
Reporting and Correspondence:
- Consolidates the department’s reports and the reporting on level of work executed.
- Drafts correspondence that requires research and/or discussion on administrative and technical matters
- Liaise with professional staff in Divisions to obtain information for special and ongoing projects.
- Ensure maintenance of enough stocks of stationery and other basic office requisites.
- Track and follow-up on documents, deal with incoming emails, faxes and general mails.
- Handle internal and general public enquiries; screen telephone calls and requests and handle them as appropriate; welcome and look after visitors; organize and maintain electronic diaries and make appointments.
- Maintain confidential records and filing of report s, correspondence and related material for ease of referral.
- Source internal and external documents for research purposes and ascertain the methods and techniques required to undertake related projects.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Commerce, Administration or related discipline, preferably supplemented with courses in secretarial training/administration/office management (BTS or DUT).
- Preferably a minimum of four (4) years of progressively relevant and practical experience, in an executive office preferably in an international organization.
- Ability to work and cooperate with others from diverse background
- Knowledge of secretarial skills and duties
- Knowledge of administration duties
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English or French, with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational, and communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure in the dynamic setting of an international and multicultural setting.
- Handling speedily and efficiently internal and external requests.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
27th May, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit www.afdb.org.