Blu Atlantic Hotel
Blu Atlantic Hotel, is a luxurious 50 rooms hotel with beautiful architectural masterpiece and finest serenity and ambience. This hotel edifice is built with state of the art facilities and quality and modern infrastructure to compete with current technological trends. Blu Atlantic Hotel is one of the leading hotels in the heart of Lekki with best service delivery.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Store / Inventory Officer
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The store/Inventory Officer in the hotel has the main responsibility to receive, store and issue supplies and equipment for the day to day hotel operations. Work closely with purchasing department, ensure cleanliness of all work areas, keeping storage and receiving areas clean and tidy at all times.
- He/She receives and dispatch goods, manage stock levels and record stock movement. An Inventory Officer ensures that optimum levels of inventory is maintained and that it is at par with quality standards. He/she is also responsible for keeping a track of the inventory records and making sure that it is accurate.
- He/she also verifies that all supplies and goods received are listed on requisitions / orders and the delivery challans, invoices are checked and filed in the appropriate folder. Maintains par stock, inventory and stock records every month and compiles records of expenditures / consumption etc.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive and forward all goods and deliveries in and out of the hotel to the correct point of contact/storage area.
- Able to follow standards for issuing and receiving stock within the store’s area of operation.
- Monitor and take inventory on regular basis to compile orders based on par levels or needs.
- Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items.
- Ensure cleanliness of all areas, keeping storage areas clean & tidy and in strict compliance with hygiene regulations.
- Ensure all store requisitions are signed by concerned Department Heads (HOD’s) and approved by FC/GM depending upon the hotel’s operations procedure.
- Ensure the quantity requested and the quantity issued always matches.
- Ensure store requisition form is signed by the person collecting the goods and enter into the Inventory/Materials Management System.
- Post all invoices using the MMS – Material Management System.
- Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
- Conduct physical stock audits on a regular basis as advised by the Financial Controller (FC) and the physical count to be tallied with the inventory count from the MMS – Material Management System.
- Any differences between the manual count and MMS software have to be investigated and the information to be given to the Finance Department.
- Assist the Accounts Payable Clerk / payable assistant infinding out any cost discrepancies.
- Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
- Extend all requisitions on a daily basis and update the inventory management software/system.
- Maintain clear and organised records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
- Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels.
- Responsible for storage of both food & beverage and operational stock.
- Responsible for the day-to-day check on the storage facilities for upkeep and hygiene.
- Responsible to verify all goods arrived as per the agreed purchase, delivery note and agreed quantity has been received.
- Work closely with Purchasing to order and receive items and equipment.
- Troubleshoot any vendor delivery issues and oversee/follow up on the return process.
- Follow up on documentation of after-hours issues ensuring it is in accordance with established internal controls and procedures.
- The inventory officer is responsible for preparing the purchase orders, receiving, storing, issuing the goods, managing the stock levels and giving out the supplies from the stock.
- He/she is also involved in preparing the inventories, maintaining the stock records, using computerized systems for entering the records and is accountable for checking the supply invoices with the purchase orders.
- To oversee that the arrangement of goods has been done in an orderly system within the stock location system so that the stock can be stored easily and retrieved whenever there is a requirement. Similarly, he/she ensures that the stocks stay physically protected in the warehouse
- To undertake the function of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated staff members
- To supervise the offloading process, the subsequent arrangement of merchandise, material, etc., and consignment so that it can be accessed and identified easily
- To ensure the correct and timely valuation of the inventory and to be involved in directing and managing procedures related to offloading, packing and unpacking
- He/she is responsible for preparing the reports on adjustments done to inventories that may be damaged, spoilt, etc., and coordinates the purchasing, inventory and warehousing functions.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures particularly relating to food and beverage items.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Keep accurate recordings of all incoming and outgoing goods.
- Notify the store manager/supervisor of any low stock levels.
- Identify and report any slow-moving items to avoid over purchasing.
- Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the management or supervisors.
- Updating stock information on the computer system
- Comparing items received against items ordered
- Implementing or improving processes and procedures
- Compiling daily reports and addressing inventory discrepancies
- Maintaining records of pricing, purchases and other relevant information
- He/she finds out sources of supply and is responsible for obtaining quotes from the suppliers as well.
- He/she makes sure to get rid of the surplus or obsolete stock.
- To maintain record of receipts as well as issuance of items that are going out of the warehouse so as to ensure accuracy and completeness
- To be involved in reconciliation of physical stock with the stock in the system
- Checking stock levels regularly
- Completing the required paperwork when ordering stock
Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
Inventory Officer job description should include these common skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related to Inventory Management, Accounting, Finance, etc.
- Good analytical and organizational skills with experience in project management would definitely prove to be an advantage.
- He/she should have a desire to learn every detail related to inventory business and should have the passion to reach out for promotional opportunities.
- He/she should be able to enjoy clerical and administrative work with good planning and numeric skills.
- He/she should have a methodical approach to complete the assigned work and should pay strong attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate collaborative work style, and should have the ability to take proper decision and action whenever any difficult situation arises.
- He/she should have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Positive attitude and good communication skills.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
- Familiar with Materials Management system (MMS).
- Familiar with Inventory Management Software.
- Must have basic computer skills for the day to day operation.
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team.
- Have a good eye for detail.
Method of Application
Application Deadline 28th February, 2023
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com