Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Senior Project Officer / State Team Lead at Catholic Relief Services (CRS). Please ensure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Project Officer / State Team Lead
Job Identification Number: 3000311
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Program Management
Job Shift: Day
- Under the guidance of the Program Manager, the State Team Lead (STL) will be responsible for all Program-related activities, including but not limited to monitoring progress on project indicators, program management, support M&E tools reviews, support tracking and monitoring of state M&E activities.
- She/he will ensure project target objectives are met, build healthy relationships for effective coordination and partnerships, and provide direct leadership to the Kaduna team.
- She/he will participate in all CGPP related events and activities, review and share weekly, monthly, and quarterly and annual Program-related reports on CGPP’s project portfolios – Polio and Global Health Security Agenda (GHSA) in Kaduna state.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Senior MEAL officer and state MEAL assistant to monitor all project indicators to ensure target achievement in the state.
- Ensure all program reports and other related reports in the state are written, collated, and reviewed to high-standard quality for submission to the donor.
- With guidance from the PM, supervise the partner CBO operations in the state.
- Provide direct mentoring, monitoring and supervision to the Community Based Organization (CBO) staff.
- Carry out monitoring and supportive supervisory visits to the various wards and settlements in the LGAs in which the project is implemented.
- Collaborate with CBO staff and community volunteers to ensure all program participants are tracked and followed.
- Engage with the CBO partner in the state to craft program strategies using the SIA calendar, annual and quarterly work plans, and quarterly reviews under the guidance of the PM.
- Ensure that all hard-to-reach settlements are covered during IPDs.
- Ensure full and active participation of the state team, including the partner CBO in all pre-IPD, IPD and post-IPD activities in the state.
- Analyze monthly LQAS reports and report back to the PM on the CGPP LGA(s).
- Provide technical support to the CBO staff to ensure high-quality social mobilization and other in-between round activities conducted by the volunteers.
- Support the volunteers to carry out community mobilization activities to facilitate demand creation for polio and GHSA services.
- Work closely with the CBOs, to support the community mobilization efforts by liaising with all co-actors in the state.
- Ensure adequate knowledge of the project portfolios MEL plan as specified by the donor are disseminated to the CBOs working closely with the Senior MEAL officer.
- Ensure the CBO partner understand program priorities and promote buy-in from partners in the state.
- Liaise with other state actors to ensure coordination and the implementation of Polio and GHSA activities.
- Act as the primary liaison between the project and the EOC and the state government (GoN) officials –to facilitate information sharing and networking.
- Attend all Kaduna State EOC meetings and any other meeting CGPP is invited to and promptly report the meetings’ information.
- Ensure good coordination (with UNICEF) on community activities and service delivery at facilities.
- Build and maintain a high visibility profile for the CGPP program in the state among the relevant stakeholders – EOC, SMoH, UNICEF etc.
- Attend to other duties as assigned by the PM and or program’s management.
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Program Manager, Senior MEAL officer, MEAL officers/Assistant, Project officers, Deputy Chief of Party, Deputy Country Representative, Country program operations and finance team, and CRS Partners.
- External: CGPP Secretariat, WHO, UNICEF, SPHCDA, NCDC, SOLINA Health, LGA PHC Team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Health discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with at least three years working in public health involving immunization programs and community-level work with significant program management responsibilities. Experience in polio programming will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience working with and through partner organizations, including working with the public sector
- Working knowledge of and experience with UN, USG or GF projects will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of the local terrain in Kaduna state will be an added advantage.
- Experience with and a demonstrated commitment to a community-based approach to development.
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners in a professional manner.
- Experience with participatory planning and evaluation methods is preferred.
- English and the ability to speak Hausa will be an advantage.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 75% and stay in difficult environments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills in English.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solution-oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to multitask and deliver work to tight deadlines.
- Familiarity with relevant donors’ regulations is a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of financial reporting software is a plus.
- Proficient in virtual platforms and hosting/participation in seamless virtual meetings.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship.
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Application Closing Date
6:13 PM: 7th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Nigerian Nationals Only.
- CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
- CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency.