Andela is currently hiring Senior People Operations Coordinator. Please ensure you read through the job requirements before applying for this position.
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, Rwanda and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior People Operations Coordinator
About the Role
- Andela is seeking a Senior People Operations Coordinator to work with the People team to build our organizational capacity and ensure we are creating an environment in which our staff can realize their full potential.
- To be successful in this role, the right candidate will bring knowledge and experience in providing People generalist support in Nigeria and Ghana across key functional areas, including Payroll, employee relations onboarding, People operations, and HRIS expertise.
Audit and Compliance:
- Responsible for coordinating Local annual (SOC II) Audit.
- Policy review ensuring all People policies within Nigeria and Ghana are up-to-date and compliant with the law.
- Ensuring Local Legal compliance and liaising with Local regulatory bodies such as NSITF, ITF etc.
- End-to-end Management of Contractor payroll (which includes and is not limited to creating contractors our payment platform, managing compensation changes, terminating contracts, etc.)
- Oversight of FTE payroll for Nigeria and Ghana. Oversee and review the processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, salary adjustment documentation, bonus, etc,). Conduct monthly quality checks on all payroll data.
- Manage the entire offboarding process for all employees and Contractors including but not limited to the following:
- Conducting employee exit interviews
- Facilitating clearance and handover – ensuring offboarding email procedures are sent out in a timely manner, offboarding documentation, etc
- Offboarding from the systems
- Ensuring that changes are communicated and captured on PayrollConfirmation
- Solely responsible for Employee Confirmations, i.e. Setting up employees on Small Improvements and ensuring timely confirmations or extensions and proper documentation
Other tasks as assigned by the People Ops Manager or the Director of People.
- BS / BA degree in Human Resources, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 4 years of relevant experience. Or MS / MA degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences or its recognized equivalent, and 3 year relevant experience.
- Good working knowledge of BambooHR, Small improvements, and other HRIS systems utilized by Andela.
- Effective working proficiency of Microsoft Excel/ Google Sheets and PowerPoint/ Google Slides for adequate data reporting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality for sensitive Human Resources issues or projects and use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
- Recordkeeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Accurately enter and retrieve data and information using the available work tools.
- Working knowledge of in-country employment regulations, e.g. Labor/employee relations statutes and capacity to apply them to Andela.
- Ability to intervene with all levels of staff, partners and contractors, individuals from diverse cultures, and the public with diplomacy and firmness.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Objectivity and the ability to apply People policies and regulations in a fair and consistent manner.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy.
- Must be a nice person – we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.