Founders Factory Africa (FFA)
Founders Factory Africa (FFA) is a pan-African company investing in transformative early-stage ventures, from founders with an idea to ventures raising a Seed round.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Investment Associate
Employment Type: Full-time / Hybrid
- We are looking to hire a Senior Investment Associate to support our efforts in sourcing and qualifying early-stage startups in Africa.
- The successful candidate will co-lead our ecosystem engagement efforts to source and identify promising startups, as well as lead the investment process which culminates into Investment Committee approvals.
- The candidate must have a good understanding of technology and business models and have existing networks and exposure to the startup world within Africa.
Sourcing new investment opportunities and leading ecosystem engagement efforts:
- Support in developing and maintaining an active partnership referral network within the African Tech ecosystem
- Conduct market analysis and keep up to speed with sector trends and market performance
- Lead deep dives, industry analysis, and market mapping. Source, identify, and evaluate new investment opportunities – startups and founders
- Attending, participating, and hosting industry events to promote FFA venture programs, working together with the rest of the sourcing team.
Screening, Qualifying, and presenting opportunities at the Investment Committee – Lead on converting investment opportunities:
- Take responsibility for all aspects of the sourcing process (initial screening, negotiation, qualification process, due diligence, and stakeholder socialisation)
- Conduct thorough opportunities assessment, including market and competitor analysis, technical due diligence, impact modelling, and financial model review
- Prepare documentation to present and sell new investment opportunities internally and to the Investment Committee
Portfolio Support and monitoring:
- Work with the portfolio and ventures team in strategic planning for company growth, business model design, and other critical support areas
- Support in reporting expectations, including collecting and analyzing data from portfolio companies to feed to the portfolio team
- Join internal board meetings
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar venture capital fund leading the end-to-end investment process
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, able to build a network, source companies, and develop relationships with top African entrepreneurs and other tech/entrepreneurship eco-system players in key markets across Africa
- An analytical mind able to qualify and understand different concepts and business models
- Independently be able to form views around investment decisions, make recommendations, and present deals to senior colleagues and the investment committee
- Be proficient in Excel and comfortable manipulating data and building financial models
- Knowledge and experience building financial models
- Extensive knowledge, enthusiasm for, and interest in technology and start-ups
- A self-starter who thrives in an autonomous role, with excellent prioritisation, self-organisation, and execution skills.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.