Pulse Nigeria Recruits Scriptwriter. Please ensure you read through the job requirements before applying for this position.
Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, and Senegal.
Job Title: Scriptwriter
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- We are looking for a Scriptwriter to join the team. As a Scriptwriter, you will be responsible for writing, editing and reviewing video scripts according to the needs of a wide variety of clients.
- Our ideal candidate is creative and can screenplay to create plots, characters and dialogues for our client video projects.
- The Scriptwriter is a position we’re hiring for in our Lagos office. This role reports to the Producer, and Head of Operations, Commercial Video and works very closely with the Director of Commercial video.
Duties and responsibilities
- Scripting and storytelling for all Pulse Studio projects.
- Scripting for digital content in all styles, forms and lengths – social, entertainment, news, documentaries, short, mid and long form.
- Work to a brief agreed with the client and/or account manager, then develop and pitch creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the client’s objectives.
- Ensure quality control of all output, including proofreading and cross-checking facts, spelling, grammar, writing style, etc.
- Manage more than one brief at a time, prioritising effectively, allocating the relevant amount of time and resources according to the value of the job.
- Work as part of a team of producers, video editors, graphic designers, reporters, account managers, web developers, photographers and digital strategists.
- All-around support for the Pulse Studio team.
- Any other duties assigned.
Skills that would make a candidate successful in this role:
- 1 – 2 year experience in creating storylines, characters, and dialogue
- A lot of energy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team.
Remuneration, Benefits & Conditions
- You’ll grow a lot at Pulse because you’ll be assigned responsibilities that challenge you and help you to acquire new skills. We expect high performance, so rest assured you will have the right tools and support to do a great job.
- We offer you a competitive salary, great insurance cover, and generous time off so that you can take care of your wellbeing – we prefer our team to be energized and productive.
- As a digital media company, we work partially remotely and partially from the office – we think it’s important for collaboration and team building to still see each other and work together in person occasionally!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and a brief cover email with the position you are applying for as the subject to: [email protected]
Note: Applicants for this role may come from a range of backgrounds, although within the Digital/ Creative/ Marketing/ Advertising industry is preferred. If you’re passionate about this opportunity, but don’t have all of the experience we’re looking for, we would still like to hear from you – please apply and let us know why you’d make a great addition to the Pulse team.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com