Sales Associate job at Paystack Nigeria. Please go through the job requirements before applying for this position.
Paystack’s mission is to accelerate digital payments on the continent of Africa. Over 60,000 of some of the most renowned businesses in Nigeria use Paystack’s modern payments gateway, including MTN, Taxify, Domino’s Pizza, Smile Communications, Opera, GIGM, AXA Mansard Insurance, and many others.
In a little over 4 years, our growing team has introduced a steady cadence of innovations within the Nigerian online payments system, such as automated recurring payments, the ability for customers to pay directly from their bank accounts, automated chargebacks, and much more. We process millions of dollars in transactions monthly, and our double-digit growth has us processing, even more, every month.
At Paystack, we believe that we will win by recruiting talented people and giving them space, resources, and support to do the best work of their lives. We hire the most capable people, treat them with genuine respect, and give them the means to succeed. And we’d love your help!
Job Title: Sales Associate
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
About the Sales Associate Role
- As a Sales Associate, you’ll drive Paystack’s growth engine by building relationships with prospective clients and turning them into happy Paystack customers. You’ll handle the full sales cycle for mid-sized enterprises and corporates. You’ll own the relationship and be the main point of contact with merchants who will be instrumental to Paystack’s future growth, identify new business opportunities, and work to increase the market share and adoption of Paystack within your target sectors.
- In terms of the profile we seek: you’re an adept salesperson seeking to build a long-term career in sales. You’re capable of engaging in business-level conversations and comfortable having high-level technical conversations at multiple levels of the organization. You have an understanding of the buyer journey and can lead relatively long, single stakeholder deals in a highly consultative manner. You understand how to communicate value to differentiate competing product offerings and enjoy working on products that require deep product knowledge, combined with technical knowledge.
- We’ve pioneered a new era of simple, powerful technology tools for businesses in Africa, and as we prepare for a period of accelerated growth, we’re looking to you to help generate a healthy pipeline of some of the best businesses on the continent.
- And you’ll do all this while working closely with a tight-knit team of creative problem solvers who’ll value you, give you the opportunity to meet high expectations, and who’ll actively create a supportive, nurturing space within which to accelerate your career.
- This is a full-time role is based in Paystack’s headquarters in Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria and you’ll report directly to the Head of Sales.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a Sales Associate, you’ll:
- Manage the sales cycle from pipeline generation to close, for corporates and multi-nation enterprises to deliver on an annual revenue quota (target)
- Receive qualified inbound sales opportunities and drive them to a close. You’ll work closely with Technical Product Specialists and Key Account Managers to convert these requests
- Own a named account list and develop demand-generation plans for creating, nurturing, winning, and expanding business within your target sectors
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and operational teams both within and outside Paystack.
What it takes to succeed in this role
- 3+ years of sales experience in the software, financial, and/or technology sectors with a track record of top performance
- Able to understand complex technical requirements and craft solutions across multiple products
- Strong ability to drive sales engagements via the phone and online, sustaining focused conversations to achieve a clear objective
- Able to build trust and credibility by providing accurate information and guidance to prospects regarding Paystack’s products and solution capabilities
- Strong presentation skills, particularly for in-person meetings with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate in a highly ambiguous and fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in technology.
While this is NOT strictly required, it would be a plus if you:
- Have previous experience in the banking, payments, or the payment cards industry
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th November 2020 by 11:59 PM.
- Competitive salary
- Full medical coverage
- MacBook Pro
- Housing assistance
- Gym membership
- Free lunch
- Smart, kind colleagues who’re invested in your growth.
- Paystack is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind.
- We’re committed to providing employees with a work environment that is progressive and open-minded.
- Our employment philosophy is to hire the best people and empower them to do the best work of their lives.
- Employment decisions are based on business needs and individual merit without regard to race, color, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, nationality, marital status, gender or age.
- Questions? Please contact [email protected]
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.