Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL)
Risk Analyst Recruitment at Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL). Please make sure you read through the job requirements before applying for this position.
Citibank Nigeria Limited
Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk Analyst
Job Req ID: 21260229
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Category: Risk Management
Job Family: Credit Decisions
Purpose of the Job
- To identify, analyze, dimension and manage the key risks facing the bank (primarily credit risks) for standard credits, complex credits including Financial Institutions (FI’s), syndicated loans and other complex transactions, including transactions involving derivatives and market risks, with the key objective of ensuring a healthy portfolio and minimizing financial losses.
Job Background / Context
- In view of the need to preserve as well as maximize shareholders’ wealth, particularly in a dynamic environment like Nigeria, it is imperative to have a strong risk management framework adequately staffed with the requisite risk expertise, to ensure a healthy risk asset portfolio, and entrench best-in-class risk management practices.
- Timely and good quality initial, interim, and annual credit approval requests/reviews, which comply with institutional and regulatory guidelines.
- Analysis of complex transactions, customers and industries including Financial Institutions (FI’s), syndications, acquisitions and other Corporate Finance / Treasury initiatives, including derivatives and market risk impacted transactions – with the capacity to provide policy and process knowledge and guidance, as pertinent.
- Conducting Industry Credit Reviews (ICR’s) and Target Market studies.
- Collaborating with the relationship management teams in ensuring that credit approvals are timely and current.
- Early problem recognition, monitoring identified risk triggers and raising credit red flags.
- Supporting remedial management initiatives and / or actions, where necessary
- Ensuring the implementation of agreed action steps identified to address credit issues (including issues raised by Credit Reviewers, Internal Auditors, Regulators etc.).
- Maintaining customer interface and developing contacts; regular credit calls on customers.
- Monitoring events in the local and global environment; understanding of impact on bank’s credit assets.
- Undertake special tasks assigned by CRM (Country Risk Manager)
- Collaborate in the preparation of the country’s scenario plan.
- Collaborate in the negotiation of International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) agreements and related documentation.
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of the Country’s business and risk strategy.
- Prepare stress tests and rapid portfolio reviews.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of a University undergraduate degree.
- A postgraduate degree in a Financial and/or Business discipline, or a professional accounting and/or financial management qualification.
Knowledge / Experience:
- At least 10 years of commercial or investment banking experience with industry and/or specialized knowledge covering key segments of the economy – Oil & Gas, Industrials, FMCG, Telecoms, Public Sector, Financial Institutions etc.
- Proven track record of leadership in originating and/or analyzing and/or reviewing/approving credit requests and / or proposals across industry segments
- Proven track record in conducting and / or actively participating in portfolio, industry and / or sectorial reviews and analysis, including articulation, coordination and implementation of action plan.
- Product knowledge (including Cash Management, Trade, Treasury products, Loans and Corporate Finance)
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills.
- Strong computing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong management and organization skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
To apply for this job please visit jobs.citi.com.