Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
All applicants applying for the position of Registrar are expected to go through the below-listed requirement before applying for the ongoing Federal University, Oye-Ekiti recruitment.
The Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State, is one of the new universities established by the Federal Government in 2011 to ameliorate the problem of access to tertiary education in Nigeria, especially in States lacking Federal University presence. The rationale for establishing the Federal University Oye-Ekiti includes, among others, responsive approach to global academic expectations and excellence; access to quality education; and, to inculcate, an attitude for lifelong learning.
Job Title: Registrar
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is directly responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University.
- By virtue of the office, he is the Secretary to the Council, University Senate, Congregation and Convocation and their Committees.
- The candidate for the post of Registrar must possess a well-earned degree in Arts, Humanities, Management or related discipline from a recognized Universities with at least fifteen (15) years relevant post-qualification experience in an institution of higher learning.
- Possession of relevant Postgraduate Degree(s) and registration with relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- Due consideration will also be given to candidates with international exposure and experience.
- The candidate should not be below the rank of Deputy Registrar (CONTISS 14) for a minimum of five (5) years and with vast experience in administrative activities in a reputable Nigerian University, preferably Federal.
- The candidate must also have the ability to cope with the dynamics of University Administration in the post-COVID-19 Era. Therefore, preference will be given to candidates with experience in Distance Learning Education.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The Registrar shall hold the office for a single term of five (5) years each on such conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment.
- The remuneration and other conditions of service are as applicable to the Registrar in all Federal Universities in Nigeria and as may be determined from time to time by the Federal Government/Governing Council of the University.
Application Closing Date
24th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit thirty (30) copies of their Application, Curriculum Vitae and photocopies of their credentials. The Curriculum Vitae should highlight the following in the order indicated below:
- Full name (surname first in capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- E-mail address
- Telephone number
- Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of Origin and LGA
- Schools attended and qualifications obtained with dates
- Current Employment and positions held with dates
- Previous Employment(s)/Position(s)/Date(s)
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Names and Addresses of three (3) Referees.
Each applicant should request each of his/her referees to forward, direct to the Registrar, a confidential report on the applicant’s character, academic and managerial ability in a properly sealed envelope marked “post of Registrar: Referee’s Report” with the name of candidate at the top left-hand corner of the envelope.
All Applications and referees’ reports should be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
Federal University Oye-Ekiti
3, Are/Afao Road
Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State.
- The Governing Council reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary, and/or re-advertise the position should this particular process not yield the desired results
- This advertisement does not impose any legal obligation on the University to invite, accept or deal in whatsoever manner with any applicant.
To apply for this job please visit fuoye.edu.ng .