Western Delta University
Western Delta University is currently hiring to fill the position of Registrar in Delta state. Please ensure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
Western Delta University, Oghara, is a Private Institution licenced by the Federal Government in May, 2007. The University which commenced its Academic activities in March, 2008, has recorded remarkable achievements in the areas of academic excellence and production of quality graduates. The University operates a policy of zero tolerance for cultism, examination malpractice, harassment of any kind and unwholesome practices. The University expects its staff and students to demonstrate the highest moral and ethical standards.
The Governing Council invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Registrar
Location: Oghara, Delta
- The Registrar is the Chief Administrative Officer of the University, responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administration of the University except for financial matters, which fall within the purview of the Bursar.
- By virtue of the position, the Registrar is the Secretary to the Governing Council, Senate. Congregation, Convocation and the Committees of these statutory bodies.
- The applicant must be a person of impeccable character and must possess drive Initiative and foresight.
- He/She must be of pleasant disposition with sound leadership qualities and must be of good physical and mental health.
- The applicant must possess a good Honours Degree with a minimum of second class in the relevant disciplines.
- He/She must be ICT compliant.
- The applicant must possess a minimum of 18 years post qualification experience, 10 of which must have been acquired within the University System.
- In any case, a suitable applicant must have attained not less than the status of a Deputy Registrar as at the time of applying.
- Western Delta University is a private University with its own unique corporate operation & culture rooted in excellence and quality service delivery.
- Thus, the prospective applicant for the post of Registrar must be a person capable of building on the University culture.
- Therefore, every applicant is required to demonstrate such capability by submitting along with his/her application a written statement of not less than 150 words, his/her Vision and Idea of how excellence and quality service delivery would be driven by him/her, if offered the position.
Salary and Benefits
The salary and other benefits attached to this position are as approved by the Governing Council of the University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit fifteen (15) copies each of their Applications, Credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting among others, the following:
- Name in Full (Surname First in Capital Letters)
- Place and date of Birth
- Home Address
- Contact Address
- Telephone Number
- E-mail address
- State of origin
- LGA of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Institutions Attended with Date
- Academic and professional Qualification Obtained with Dates
- Working Experience
- Present Employment, indicating Present Status and Salary
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of Three (3) Referees.
Applications should be addressed and sent to:
Western Delta University, Oghara,
- Applicants should request their referees to forward their references on their behalf directly to the Vice-Chancellor, Western Delta University, Oghara.
- Only applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for Interview
Application Deadline 12th September, 2022.