Website GIG Logistics
Quality Control Officer at GIG Logistics, Interested and qualified candidates should see the detail and apply.
GIG Logistics is a member of The GIG Group and prides itself as Nigeria’s leading logistics company. Incorporated in 2012 and headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria, GIG Logistics leverages on technology to gain competitive advantage.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Control Officer
Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
- We are expanding rapidly with scores of local branches in Nigeria, Ghana, and the United States of America, and we are seeking an experienced Quality Control Officer to help us keep growing
- If you believe you have what it takes to build a World Class Organization and ready to work at it. We want you!
- As the Quality Control Officer, you will support the implementation and maintenance of the Quality Management System (QMS) processes for operations in all regions
- You will work alongside the Quality Control & Compliance Manager to resolve matters pertaining to quality, helping to maintain GIG Logistics superior levels of service conformity.
- Carries out random and periodic audit of processes, and makes recommendation for process improvement to the Quality Control Manager.
- Acts as a compliance officer in the enforcement of stipulated guidelines, policies, and processes relating to the contracting, warehousing and movement of customer shipments.
- Reporting breach of guidelines, processes and policies in the contracting, warehousing and movement of customer shipments.
- Works with the Quality Control Manager in designing a comprehensive quality control program and communicate same to all stakeholders.
- Facilitate control enlightening training for all cadre of staff
- Setting and coordinating control testing measures through mystery shopping and other related initiatives.
- Makes recommendations to improve quality, efficiency and productivity of operations.
- Monitors the quality of packaging all incoming and outgoing shipments at the service centers, hubs, and gateway.
- Investigates quality-related issues and submits a report to the Quality Control Manager.
- Carrying out random quality and control checks at the service centers, hubs & gateway, and submits a report to the Quality Control & Compliance Manager
You’ll be ideal for the role if you have the following:
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated Lean Enterprise / Process Improvement skills
- Experience with working in a high-volume distribution center environment;
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with warehouse management and inventory management software
- Demonstrated commitment to process excellence by ensuring proper, efficient and accurate use of defined processes and procedures
And we are delighted to have team members who show the following qualities:
- You collaborate with team members and have excellent interpersonal skills
- You are adaptable, enjoy prospecting challenges and delivering results
- You are calm under pressure and maintain a diplomatic manner even when being challenged
- You can communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.