Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO)
Project Manager (for WFP-BSFP Project) Recruitment at Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO). Please go through the job requirements before applying for this job.
Salient Humanitarian Organization (SHO) is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Project Manager (for WFP-BSFP Project)
Location: Jere / Maiduguri, Borno State – North East Nigeria (100% field)
Employment Type: Full-time
Starting date: 1st January 2020
Duration of contract: 12 Months (Extendable)
Reporting to: Head of Programme
General Context of the Job / Project
- The BSFP Project Manager should provide overall BSFP project management ensuring delivery of the BSFP project. This position will be wholly accountable for project under direct supervision of Program and Technical coordinators
- To oversee high quality Food Security projects cycle management (PCM) in line with the Mission’s strategy and through an effective supervision of and support to all Field Coordinators and DPM; in alignment with BSFP coordinator, other PM peers
- To oversee the Food Security project’s Quality Programmes Management (QPM) through an effective supervision with the technical manager
- To oversee Food Security’s Grant’s management and donor relations through an effective project supervision.
- To contribute to the Food Security project’s human resources management through an effective supervision of project staff.
- To support the Food Security project’s external representation, relations and coordination of humanitarian planning and response through an effective project management and supervision
- Ensures adherence to SHO policies, guidance and procedures at field level;
- Collaborates with the Program & Technical Coordinators in the development of relevant Food Security project assessments and proposals;
- Collaborates with the Program & Technical Coordinators in the development of relevant Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning system for the project;
- Ensure Staff appraisals and developmental plans are carried out
- Implement other tasks as might be required with relation to the SHO Country Program in Nigeria.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A University degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Guidance and Counseling or relevant fields.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with vulnerable communities, basic needs and distribution programming experience, and/or advocacy programs.
- Experience of working with Non-Governmental organizations.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Ability to communicate in English, write reports in English and consolidate the reports prepared by protection monitoring assistants into formal English documentation
- Ability to communicate in Hausa. Other Nigerian languages is a must.
- Good organizational and management skills.
- Willingness and ability to work full time in the field directly with communities (camp setting and communities in Jere).
Essential Knowledge and skills:
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian displacement context.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Act as an ambassador for SHO, through professionalism and conduct.
- Adhere to all SHO policies and procedures both technical and administrational.
- Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programmes.
- Maintain and care for all equipment issued by SHO and for any losses or damages due to negligence you will be liable for repair or replacement.
- Proven professional experience working with NGO at a relevant position e.g. Protection Monitor, Protection Assistant, Field and Community worker.
- Experience working for NGOs and/ or in Camp setting is a must.
- Experience Working in Northeast Nigeria is a Must
- Positive attitude and a willingness to learn
- Written and spoken fluency in English, Hausa or Kanuri a must; additional fluency in other local languages preferred
- Ability and Willingness to follow instructions.
- SHO reserve the right to close the application before deadline, if the required number of candidates is attained.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should please submit their Application (Letter of Motivation and CV in a single PDF file) via e-mail to: [email protected] indicating the “Job position” as the subject of the e-mail.
Send their hard copies to:
Salient Humanitarian Organization,
Behind NTA Quarters, Off Damboa Road, Old GRA,
Maiduguri – Borno State.
- Please clearly indicate the “Job position” on the envelope.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
28th December 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com