Program Officer – Social and Behaviour Change at Breakthrough ACTION. Please ensure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
Breakthrough ACTION ignites collective action and encourages people to adopt healthier behavior – from using modern contraceptive methods and sleeping under bed nets to being tested for HIV and preventing the spread of zoonotic diseases – by forging, testing, and scaling up new and hybrid approaches to social and behavior change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Officer – Social and Behaviour Change
- The Program Officer – SBC will be responsible for ensuring mass and mid media plans are implemented at the state level and are integrated with community mobilization plans.
- S/he will work closely with other state staff to ensure an integrated approach to messaging.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with broadcasters in the state to ensure broadcast compliance of BA-Nigeria spots; inform the national office immediately if a broadcaster deviates from the agreed plan.
- Maintain weekly and monthly monitoring reports of all BA-N spots and programmes in radio and TV stations in the state.
- Work with producers/broadcasters to keep track of locally produced content, including archiving of BA supported mass and mid media content.
- Provide ongoing technical support to local producers/broadcasters to ensure high quality content development and delivery.
- Identify new media opportunities for BA-N in the state.
- Contribute to the media planning process by providing guidance on channel selection.
- Support media pretesting activities at the state-level.
- Coordinate mass and mid media activities related to the community mobilization approaches and MNCH Campaigns in collaboration with the relevant state program officers to ensure alignment as appropriate.
- Provide support to programmatic research and knowledge management processes such as success story documentation, Human Centered Design and Behavior Economics at the state level.
- Represent Breakthrough ACTION at ACSM Subcommittee meetings and similar partner forums as required.
- Other duties as identified by his/her supervisor.
- Minimum of an HND / Bachelor’s Degree in Arts, Social Sciences or Health Sciences.
- 5 years’ experience working with donor-funded projects related to radio/TV production.
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages and database software and applications.
- Well-organized, with ability to track multiple activities and deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based environment.
Application Closing Date
31st May, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send copies of their CV in PDF to: [email protected] using the Job Title and the Location as the subject of the mail. (e.g., Program Officer – Social Behavior Change, Bayelsa).
Note: CVs will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org