International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC)
International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) Recruitment for Program Director. Please ensure you read the job requirements before applying.
The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a multinational and an independent non-profit organization with over 45 years of experience in profitable and sustainable crop production approaches by combining sound research and innovative technologies in integrated soil fertility management, better climate adaptation and sustainable natural resource management practices, including integrated pest management approaches and development of inclusive market systems resilience. IFDC is market leader in agro-inputs and smallholder farmers’ productivity optimization in Nigeria and many other developing countries in Africa and Asia. As a result, IFDC has over the years built a solid network of agro-input producers, dealers, farmers, farmerbased organizations, off-takers and processors in Nigeria and around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Director – Horticulture Sector Development, Nigeria
Locations: Kano, Kaduna, and a southern sector near Lagos
Type: Full-Time / Regular
Type of contract: Full Time International Position
Duration: 4 years
Expected Start Date: Q4 2021
Program: Horticultural Sector Development Program in Nigeria
Donor: Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Nigeria
- IFDC and its consortium partners are seeking to secure funding from EKN Nigeria to implement a transformational horticultural program in Nigeria by introducing innovative, sustainable and profitable horticultural productivity and market resilience value chain approaches leading to a sustainable transition of Nigeria’s food system; thus, from a system based on food imports, low productivity and depletion of natural resources, to an integrated sustainable food system, capable of providing sufficient, healthy and nutritious food to a growing (urban) population.
- The program is anticipated to run through fourth quarter of 2021 to the ending of 2025. For this reason, IFDC is seeking to recruit a well qualified candidate for the position of a Program Director to lead and manage the program.
Duties and Responsibilities
As a Program Director, incumbent is expected to perform the following roles and responsibilities:
- Provide the overall leadership of the entire project to ensure an integrated vision and successful achievement of EKN Nigeria Horti Sector development goals and objectives;
- Develop and direct the implementation team of experts of the consortium partners
- Develop, nurture and maintain effective working relationships with EKN Nigeria, agriculturalbased MSME, farmer-based organizations, Nigerian Government, other international players, and leaders in different sectors;
- Represent the project in meetings, conferences, and other opportunities conducive to publicizing, promoting, and marketing the project’s (and project partners’) achievements.
Overall Project Management:
- Lead regular project management meetings with consortium members;
- Ensure consistency among activities implemented;
- Supervise completion of timely and high-quality work plans, progress reports and financial reports;
- Monitor project indicators in accordance with the Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan, evaluate program results and take necessary corrective actions whenever needed.
- Monitor project overall expenditure and private sector contribution against budgets and ensure financial compliance to both donor requirements and IFDC procedures;
Communications and Outreach:
- Manage the communications strategy of the project;
- Supervise the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) and Communications Specialists to ensure transparency through adequate and proper reporting of success stories, case studies, fact sheets and other outreach materials;
- Develop learning agenda and ensure proper management of the Knowledge System and advocacy strategy of the project;
- Review and approve all Public Relations materials;
- Establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with IFDC and consortium members involved in other projects relevant to the EKN Nigeria’s Horticultural Sector VC development project; taking into consideration the interest of the donor (EKN Nigeria), beneficiaries, Nigeria Government, and the private sector in Nigeria;
- Facilitate the internal communication and sharing of experiences among staff, including the consortium members.
Finance and Administration:
- Approve and Monitor overall project expenditure;
- Ensure all activities are conducted within the scope of the project budget;
- Ensure proper compilation and approval of Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation reports and outcomes.
- Ensure that cost share is obtained from partners as planned and properly accounted for;
- Ensure proper compilation and approval of annual financial reports;
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in implementing agricultural projects, preferably horticultural projects.
- Strong security expertise and experienced traveler
- Good understanding of the Development Objectives of the Netherlands; preferably experience in implementation of Dutch Development Programs;
- Preferably an advanced degree in Agriculture.
- Experience in Nigeria is preferred
- Senior Management Experience;
- Experience in Public Private Partnership Development;
- Strong proficiency in English (ability to speak French is a plus), be a strong communicator
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: This is an internationally recruited position, therefore suitable candidates from any part of the world can apply
To apply for this job please visit jobs.silkroad.com.