Production Manager Job at Graceco Limited. Please make sure you have read the job requirements before sending your application.
Graceco Limited is a food processing and manufacturing company with a specialty in consumer goods and the production of input for bakers and the confectionery industries. Graceco is a leader in confectioneries and bakers’ items. Our success is powered by our world-class team of highly engaged and committed staff.
At Graceco you will have the opportunity to thrive in a fast-paced, strategic environment where bold, innovative thinking isn’t just welcomed, it’s encouraged. Across all functions, we relish the opportunity to help our people fulfil their potential. Our rapid expanding business means plenty of opportunities to step into the spotlight and acquire lifetime experience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Production Manager
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: General Manager Operations
- The production manager is to ensure planning, organizing, leading and controlling of human and other resources to meet the organizational production target.
- The holder must ensure effective and efficient methods of production that will be cost-efficient and sustainable.
- The position holder must have knowledge of production machines such as Mixer, Packaging Machine, Kneader and similar industrial food processing machines.
- Ensure that the department operates at 90% efficiency level every day
- In collaboration with the maintenance department, ensure all machines run at maximum efficiency level and are serviced as at when due
- Manage the headcount of staff to ensure the department is not over-staffed or understaffed at every point.
- Coordinate all production activities and ensure the final products meets the highest level of quality
- Ensure proper documentation of all activities about operations; machine downtime, shift reports, output, etc.
- In collaboration with the production administrator, ensure that raw materials needed to achieve normal and impromptu production target are available before commencement of production.
- Ensure the highest level of cleanliness and hygiene in all units and around the chin-chin department.
- Implement and sustain the 5s in the department
- Ensure every shift meets and exceed the set target with minimum waste level
- Ensure operations are not delayed or shut down because of inadequate raw material
- Curb lateness, absenteeism, insubordination, and other indiscipline among staff by recommending to HR appropriate sanctions
- Promote teamwork, harmony, fairness among the supervisors and staff
- Identify and recommend for promotion/reward diligent and committed staff
- In collaboration with HR department, ensure a viable succession plan for all strategic position such as supervisors, machine operators and other key roles.
- Suggest to management ways of improving production in a cost-effective manner
- In collaboration with the safety department, ensure all staff comply with all health and safety standard; staff wear required PPE always, PPEs are in a good and hygienic condition
- Suggest the right equipment configuration to facilitate the attainment of department goals.
- Ensure that the sales order for the product is properly managed and fulfilled on a daily basis
- Introduces best practices into production and ensures that all parts of the floor are productively engaged at the same time.
- Ensure any incident, accident, near miss and unsafe act/situation is adequately handled.
- Must have a working knowledge of all machine operations including spare part, and general maintenance insight.
- Ensure the department runs as a viable revenue centre and eliminate every form of human and material waste
- Any other responsibility assigned to you by management.
This position has the following challenges among other ones:
- Occasional overtime as a result of large order
- Working with unskilled temporary staff
- Controlling wastage ; nylon, packaging material, and others
- Developing accurate weekly production plan
- Detecting and preventing pilferage and wastage of material
- Turnover and absenteeism rate may be high if unchecked and that will affect daily production target
- Scheduling and planning different shift
- Monitoring different machine operators
- It is expected that you will discharge all the responsibilities to the position and proffer sustainable solutions to the challenges.
- Applicant should have B.Sc in Food Science and other related discipline.
- Applicant must be computer literate: Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint
- Applicant must reside within Ikeja, Agege, Ipaja, Otta, Alagbado and environs.
- Applicant must have minimum of 4 years’ experience as a Production Manager.
- Applicant must have relevant certification (FSMS).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline 31st March 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org