Procurement Specialist vacancy at Schlumberger – APPLY NOW!
Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Schlumberger is the world’s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry’s most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
- Interfaces with Product Line Planning Manager to plan and prioritize purchasing activities.
- Reviews planned orders, create requisitions for purchased items, and manages the approval process.
- Transmits and prioritizes approved purchase orders and supporting documents to the supplier.
- Tracks order acknowledgement, prepares and communicates shortage and backlog reports, and provides visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers.
- Tracks orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed.
- Ensures orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts; reports non conformances.
- Leads finance and logistics staff in resolving reception and invoice discrepancies.
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to achieve efficiencies.
- Contributes to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base.
- To develop, manage and co-ordinate the procurement processes. To manage internal procurement requires and activities
- To be in charge of the purchase of equipment for the organization, contact suppliers, and research offers and quotations (review).
- To be able to prepare calls for tender and follow-up procedure and in the management of any type of contracts (service, works, supplies)
- Handle pricing negotiations, service contracts and authorization of new vendors.
- Selection of competent vendors.
- Visit vendors facilities for inspections
- To assist and advise Legal on all procurement issues
METHOD OF APPLICATION
ALL applicant are expected to go through the instruction above before applying through their official portal
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.