United States Pharmacopeia Convention (USP)
The United States Pharmacopeia Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
At USP everything we do is in service of our mission to help protect and improve the health of people around the world. From the standards we create to the partnerships we foster, we continually work to build and reinforce a foundation that draws us closer to a world where everyone can be confident of quality in health and healthcare.
Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Officer, PQM+
Summary of the Position
- The Procurement and Logistics Officer position for the Promoting the Quality of Medicines Plus (PQM+ ) Program, a Cooperative Agreement between the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the United States Pharmacopeia (USP).
- Under the general direction of the Senior Finance & Operations Manager in coordination with Chief of Paty, the Procurement & Logistics Officer will conduct procurement activities for the USP PQM+ Office, including but not limited to procuring goods and services in accordance with USAID other donor agency and USP policies and standards, and providing guidance, advice and support to ensure procurement processes are effective, efficient, compliant, and ethical to achieve the best possible value to USP and USAID.
- The Procurement & Logistics Officer will also conduct administrative and logistical activities related to the implementation of the annual work plan, including responsible for all domestic/international travel and meeting / workshop/ training arrangements for the staff, NAFDAC, Federal Ministry of Health, and other stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure each procurement process is conducted in compliance wit USP and USA policies and procedures and ensure all relevant supporting documents are in place.
- Proactively contact vendors to conduct due diligence for procurement process and perform other relevant vendor screenings as required based on USP, USAID and donor policies and procedures.
- Prepare and analyze the following procurement documents according to the SOPs:
- Procurement Request
- Bid Analysis
- Vendor Selection Memo, Application for Appointment, and Reference Checklist
- Purchase Order or Contract
- Coordinate with USP Procurement, Contracts & Grant’s staff for necessary HQ approval for the procurements above Chief of Party (CoP) signature authority threshold.
- Draft contract documents (vendor contracts/agreements, consultant agreements, work orders, etc.), coordinate with USP Contracts & Grants staff for Legal approval, as needed, and liaises with a vendor to fully execute contract documents
- Coordinate with Finance to issue Purchase Order (if applicable) and monitor invoices/payments per the Terms and Conditions in the Contract and/or Purchase Order.
- Coordinate with Finance related to VAT / GST Exemptions/ Reimbursements.
- Track government property, as applicable, and provide necessary information/documentation during the annual audit, as needed.
- Coordinate operational vehicle and monitor the utilization, including an arrangement of optional transportation as needed.
- Conduct travel arrangements and meeting workshop/training arrangements in coordination with relevant program staff
- Conduct daily office functions, such as maintaining inventory and office supplies, coordination with building management.
- handle petty cash in line with the applicable policy and procedure, ensure relevant documents are in place related payment/report is processed/prepared accurately and in a timely manner, and replenishment is done in a timely manner.
- Maintain a comprehensive and efficient filling system to document all procurement transactions.
- Supports Senior Finance & Operations Manager preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Perform other related procurement and administration tasks as required by the Senior Finance & Operations Manager and the Chief of Pany (CoP),
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Finance, Accounting, Tax or another relevant field
- Three or more (3+) years of experience performing similar duties as Procurement & Logistics Assistant or Operations Offices.
- Two or more (2+) years of experience with USAID procurement flues and regulations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Familiarity with USAID procurement rules and regulations and knowledge of service agreements/contracts management is preferred.
- Hard-working and attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and meeting deadlines; results-oriented
- Excellent in Microsoft Office and Inventory Management System skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be committed and competent towards the challenges related to the job.
- Good negotiation skills and must be able to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in National Language and proficiency in written and oral English required.
Method of Application
All those Interested in United States Pharmacopeia Convention Recruitment should send their Resume to: GPHNigeriaRecruitment@USP.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only candidates with relevant qualifications will be shortlisted
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer:
- USP is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities
26th May, 2020.
To apply for this job please visit USP.org .