Procurement Intern at Mercy Corps. Please make sure you go through the requirements listed below before applying for this job.
Mercy Corps has been working in the most marginalized regions of Nigeria to deliver urgent, life-saving assistance and promote development.
Reference Number: MDG/HUMOPS/2020/00039
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Length of internship: 6 months
Interns Supervisor: Procurement Officer
- The Procurement Intern will be based in Maiduguri and will work under the direct supervision of the Procurement Officer to support the Operations department of Mercy Corps Nigeria. The successful candidate will undertake Procurement duties working in close collaborations with other operations team members as well as Programs.
You may also like this; How To Sell Yourself In An Interview
- Intern will remain responsible for all costs associated with his/her Internship in Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Assist in the maintenance of thorough procurement files in line with the FP3.
- Regularly produce purchase status and completed purchases reports using the Ongoing PR Master List and PR Master List
- Maintain file on market prices for commonly bought items.
- Scan a soft copy of all documentation before it is handed over to program and finance for payment
- Learn Purchase Request (PR) review and numbering.
- Assist the procurement officer during tender opening sessions
- Follow up with suppliers, vendors and third parties to ensure delivery of goods/service
- Follow up with suppliers for prompt submission of invoice after goods/service delivery
- Perform any other reasonable duties that deem necessary as assigned by the supervisor
- At the end of the internship period, the intern should have acquired the following skills and knowledge:
- Learning goals
- Develop a working knowledge of procurement
- Attends seminars and meetings relative to procurement function
- Cultivate interpersonal skills
- Develop negotiating and public speaking skills
- Read all assigned literature
The ideal candidate should possess the following qualifications:
- A B.Sc or HND in a Business related field.
- A demonstrated ability to multitask and process information into action in a timely manner
- Ability to use the following Microsoft Productivity tools Excel and Word
- Fluency in the English Language
Salary & Working Conditions
- The intern will be expected to work 40 hours a week
- The intern will be paid a monthly allowance of N60,000 subjected to 5%WHT and health insurance.
16th July, 2020.
Method of Application
Important Information & Notice
- Mercy Corps interns and volunteers represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs, and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
- All applications must include the position title and Reference Number in the subject line.
- CV and cover letter and should not be more than 4 pages.
- Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews and we are an equal opportunity organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com