United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently hiring a Procurement Analyst for its ongoing recruitment in Abuja, Nigeria
The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the United Nations’ global development network. It advocates for change and connects countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life for themselves. It provides expert advice, training and grants support to developing countries, with the increasing emphasis on assistance to the least developed countries. It promotes technical and investment cooperation among nations.
Headquartered in New York City, the status of UNDP is that of an executive board within the United Nations General Assembly. The UNDP is funded entirely by voluntary contributions from UN member states. The organization operates in 177 countries, where it works with local governments to meet development challenges and develop local capacity.
Job Title: Procurement Analyst
Job ID: 32062
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Practice Area – Job Family: Management – Procurement
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
- Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Deputy Resident Representative (Operations), the Procurement Analyst is responsible for the management of the Country Office Procurement Unit, effective delivery of procurement services in order to obtain the best value for money.
- He/she analyzes and interprets the financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to procurement.
- The Procurement Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality, and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
- The Procurement Analyst supervises and leads the staff of the Procurement Unit. The Procurement Analyst works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO, UNDP HQs staff, and Government officials to successfully deliver procurement services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Elaboration and implementation of operational strategies
- Management of procurement processes
- Introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools Control of CO Assets
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures elaboration and implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Implementation of contract strategy in the CO including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment.
- Implementation of the strategic procurement in the CO including sourcing strategy, supplier selection, and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
- CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit.
- Elaboration and implementation of cost-saving and reduction strategies.
Manages and guides procurement processes for the Country Office, NIM/DIM projects, and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and duly preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
- Elaboration of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Establishment of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement.
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Implementation of harmonized procurement services and elaboration of proposals on common services expansion in the UN House, introduction of joint procurement for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
- Review and certification of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Management of procurement contracts and, upon delegation of responsibility, performing the functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for Purchase orders approval.
Ensures introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Management of the e-procurement system
Ensures proper control of CO Assets focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Elaboration and implementation of inventory management.
- Implementation of Inventory and physical verification control in the CO and projects.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on the overall CO efficiency in procurement management and success in introduction and implementation of operational strategies
- Strategic approach to procurement, accurate, thoroughly researched and documented information, timely and appropriate delivery of services, introduction of e-procurement ensure client satisfaction and overall timely delivery of UNDP programmes and projects.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Creates new opportunities for team, not just self to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Actively shares knowledge.
Communication and Relationship Management:
- Communicates ideas and positions with command and confidence
- Finds common ground to solve problem.
- Critically assesses established methods
- Contributes to prototyping, piloting, and evaluating lessons / feedback
- Demonstrates behaviors of teamwork, collaboration, knowledge sharing, maintaining relationships
- Embraces complex challenges and opportunities for getting work done
- Ability to embrace challenges with minimal supervision
- Works to develop organizational awareness of UNDP’s approach to client service delivery and integrity and accountability.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
- In-depth knowledge on development issues
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead procurement processes using specific procurement methods (RFQ, ITB, RFP).
- Ability to introduce and implement strategic procurement, contract and sourcing strategy
- Ability to lead the implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change.
Management and Leadership:
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in English.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with a similar job description, experience, and educational requirements
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
You may also like this; N-power Recruitment Application Form | News
- UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or another fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
19th August 2020.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.partneragencies.net.