Greenville LNG Company Limited
Power Plant Commissioning & Maintenance Engineer Job at Greenville LNG Company Limited. Please make sure you read through the job requirements before applying for the position.
Greenville LNG Company Limited is the pioneer Domestic LNG producer in Nigeria with the objective of extending gas supplies to regions not reached by gas pipelines thereby making available a competitive source of energy to boost the economy. Greenville LNG Plant is in Rumuji near Port-Harcourt and has customer locations in Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Enugu, Sokoto, Aba and other cities nationwide.
As a fast-growing company willing to promote Nigerian Content, we are recruiting suitably qualified Nigerians to fill the positions below:
Job Title: Power Plant Commissioning & Maintenance Engineer
Job Code: PCM-4
Locations: Abuja and Lagos
This position is responsible for installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of electrical power plant equipment/systems within the plant for optimum plant reliability.
- Maintenance and operation of all plant’s electrical/mechanical power plant systems.
- Maintain a record of Jenbacher and Wartsila gas engines, power plant assets & setup, mainly on Electrical & Mechanical, for the designated areas such as gas engines & generator technologies, existing DCS, governing, excitation and other mechanical & electrical BOP systems including customer purchasing plans and maintenance budget
- Preparation of electrical/mechanical operation and maintenance procedures for the power plant.
- Provision of detailed technical analysis of electrical/Mechanical equipment in the plant.
- Actively visit customer’s plants, participate in customer meetings, and connect customer needs with our products’ available options and solutions
- Deliver timely / accurate responses to customer technical inquiries including quick quote proposal and execution (for transactional opportunities) leveraging Greenville supports – Sales, Operations, and regasification teams.
- Provide hands on technical support to customers and field teams for general Electrical & Mechanical services and specific upgrades on power plants mainly Jenbacher and Wartsila gas engines.
- Provide detailed technical support to field technicians to ensure overall plant reliability and availability.
- Identify, study, propose, and implement area for improvement (project) in the field of electrical engineering to enhance operation and improve total equipment reliability. Participate in equipment testing and trials.
- Verify, approve and follow-up all maintenance work orders and conduct post-work order verification.
- Facilitate the configuration of control software and parameters based upon the site requirements / specific unit configurations (for control plant support).
- Any other duty that may be assigned by Line Manager
Education and Personal Attributes
- Bachelor’s degree / HND in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering disciplines.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in gas engines electro-mechanical field services i.e. maintenance, installation and commissioning or manufacturing especially for Jenbacher and Wartsila.
- Possess minimum of Jenbacher/Wartsila Commissioning Training Level 2 (CT2) and Advanced Field Technician (FTA) certifications
- Proficient knowledge of VBA, SQL, OPC, ODBC, MODBUS, networking, ALSPA and MarkVIe controls software
- Ability to interpret technical drawings, wiring schematics.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to do Root Cause Analysis (RCA) to understand and resolve problems.
These positions attract a competitive remuneration package.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job Code” as the subject of the email.
- Only applications that meet the relevant qualifications will be shortlisted and contacted.
- It is not the intention of the position description to limit the scope or accountabilities of the position but to highlight the most important aspects of the position. The aspects mentioned above may be altered in accordance with the changing requirement of the role such variations are a common occurrence and cannot in themselves justify a reconsideration of the grading of the job
20th January, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit greenvillelng.com .