Pharmacy & Supply Chain Optimizer at Jhpiego. Please ensure you read through the job requirements before applying for this position.
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy & Supply Chain Optimizer
Reports to: Senior Supply Chain Officer
- The Pharmacy and Supply Chain adhoc will plan and implement the delivery of high-quality pharmaceutical care, pharmacovigilance and DMOC services as well as the implementation of an efficient health commodity logistics system for the organization in accordance with donor requirements and stipulated guidelines of the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Responsible for the provision of technical support in strengthening pharmacy systems and pharmacists’ capacity on pharmacy best practices and quality pharmaceutical care in the areas of PMTCT, ART, TB care and reproductive health including ensuring drug inventory management across supported sites.
- Responsible for the state level implementation, monitoring, service quality governance and reporting of CPARP, CARC and other DSD models.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and improving a logistics management information system and an electronic inventory control system of stocking and tracking commodities.
- Responsible for designing coordinated systems for the transportation of health commodities, reporting and forecasting delivery times and performance analysis to reduce stock-outs, eliminate wastes and lower costs.
- Responsible for providing technical assistance to supported sites in the requisition, report and order of health commodities and tracking of re-supply.
- Responsible for the generation of LMDs, tracking of order status, stock status analysis and post-gap analysis for all supported sites.
- Responsible for directing outgoing or incoming health commodities distribution activities of the project; ensuring health commodities or supplies are shipped, distributed, or received in an efficient manner and that all required inventory checks are conducted, and all variances reconciled.
- Collaborate with the State LMCU to promote and oversee an integrated approach to the supply chain management of health commodities.
- Coordinate the pharmaceutical care and pharmacovigilance aspects of the HIV care and treatment program.
- Responsible for periodic training of pharmacy, medical, nursing and other staff across supported sites.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in Public Health, Pharmacy, or related Health, Medical, or Social Science discipline; masters-level degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with USAID reporting requirements.
- 2 years’ experience in management, operational and technical expertise with a preference in HIV program implementation
Required Abilities / Skills:
- Experience in managing Supply Chain processes and information flows.
- Work experience in logistics, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Problem-solving ability. Quick learner with practical, precise approach.
- Good team leader
- Planning skills
- Plenty of initiative and can work unsupervised
- Knowledge of geography
- Good communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use spreadsheets and databases.
- Writing skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and make decisions quickly
- Respectful, accountable, honest.
Application Closing Date
6th April, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV to: [email protected] using the Position title and Location as the subject of the e-mail. Eg. “Pharmacy & Supply Chain Optimizer, Abuja”
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview
- Any successful candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
- There will be travel requirements and opportunities within Nigeria.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com