Website Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Pharmacy Supervisor at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – French, Interested and qualified candidates should see the job detail and apply.
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – French
Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
Location: Gwange – Maiduguri, Borno
Accountabilities / Responsibilities (Shortened)
- Ensuring storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression
- Supervising, with the HR department, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal/external communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities.
- Recording all items received and issued in computer (Isystock) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalize the budget and to ensure availability.
- Assisting in training of nursing staff regarding dispensing of drugs and their side effects
- Ensure the general functioning of the pharmacy and manage the supply chain processes according to MSF standards, in order to ensure its efficiency and operational availability.
- Participating in the preparation of the International Order and budget definition.
- Establish adequate quality controls, by ensuring good storage conditions temperature, humidity, exposure to light and the availability of drugs and medical equipment. These tasks will be carried out in accordance with MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinate the delivery, reception and registration of local and international orders in close collaboration with the logistics department, update stock cards and inform the operational manager of their condition shortages, expiration dates in order to continuously maintain optimal stock levels and ensure efficient management.
- Management and supply of medical cold chain items thermosensitive drugs and laboratory supplies analyzing, monitoring and communicating changes high or low in temperature to the Pharmacy manager.
- Essential, degree of Pharmacy (BPharm or PharmD) and must be a licensed Pharmacist.
- At least 2 years certified NGO work experience as a clinical pharmacist.
- Mission language and local language essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
- Warehouse, Borno State, Nigeria,
- Open-ended contract six month probation period – 208 working hours per month and roster flexibility required.
- Monthly Gross salary of NGN 404,332.00 Naira only plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
Application Closing Date
23rd November, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Once you have filled the application form above; step two is to submit your CV and a Cover Letter with contact details to the “MSF Administration”
email via: [email protected] using “Pharmacy Supervisor” as the subject of the mail.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before the above date.