ATTENTION!!! Subscribe to our FREE EVERYDAY JOB ALERTS and be the first to know about high paying job vacancies so you can apply IMMEDIATELY. Click here to subscribe right now.
St Edmund’s is a premier clinic and hospital established in 1965 to provide ophthalmology care in Nigeria.
Job Title: Ophthalmic Nurse
- The Ophthalmic Nurse works directly with Surgeons and hospital staff to assist with Ophthalmological procedures and clinical.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides patient care, which may include administering medication, performing procedures, and monitoring patient status in accordance with approved nursing practice.
- Provide pre and post-operative care to patients
- Provides appropriate counsel and education to patient/family regarding disease process and symptom management.
- Educate patients and their families on the care and home treatment of eye disorders and diseases
- Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal and other regulations
- Protects confidentiality of patient’s Personal Health Information
- Utilizes time and resources effectively to promote quality and cost outcomes
- Assures accuracy of patient charges and directs patients appropriately with billing-related issues or pre-certification needs.
- Follows work attendance policies; maintains consistent attendance with no unexcused absence
- Maintains an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor in accordance with Company policies
- Maintains medical records requiring appropriate and timely recording of patient information
- Consults with Doctors as required to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
- Assists with examinations, procedures, prescription refills, and other processes related to patient care.
- Actively share ideas in a constructive and positive manner by listening to and objectively considering ideas and suggestions from others.
- Keep commitments and keep direct supervisor informed of work progress, timetables, and issues.
- Advocate and assist in maintaining a clean, neat, and cheerful environment where our patients feel comfortable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum 1 year of nursing experience required
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs
- Patient-focused approach
- Good counseling and organizational skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Flexible, team player, and critical thinker
- Demonstrates leadership activities; able to work under stressful situation; and possesses well developed verbal and written communication skills
- Membership in a professional nursing organization is desired
- Willingness to act and eager to adopt new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
Method of Application
25th June, 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com