Website Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC)
Oil Supply Analyst job at Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) | https://www.opec.org
Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) – We coordinate and unify the petroleum policies of its Member Countries and ensure the stabilization of oil markets in order to secure an efficient, economic and regular supply of petroleum to consumers, a steady income to producers and a fair return on capital for those investing in the petroleum industry.
Oil Supply Analyst
Job Code: 4.3.04
Objective of Position
- To analyze and forecast near to short-term non-OPEC oil supply and to coordinate and consolidate relevant analyses and data and to calculate the Market Balance and the demand for OPEC crude as well as to analyze rig counts and to follow OPEC production and quota.
- Studies and analyses non-OPEC oil supply.
- Identifies and determines sources of data and information on non-OPEC oil supply and processes available data.
- Forecasts short-term, non-OPEC supply.
- Studies and analyses excess capacity on OPEC Member Countries and its impact on the oil market.
- Monitors world rig count.
- Consolidates findings of the above analyses and prepares reports, to be included in the Monthly Oil Market Report, as well as in the reports and presentations to the ECB, BOG and other relevant meetings.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
Required Competencies and Qualifications
- University degree in Petroleum Engineering or Economics.
- Advanced degree preferred.
- University degree: 8 years
- Advanced degree: 6 years
- Near to short term non-OPEC oil supply model designing and running using spread sheets
- Oil field development
- Discounted cash flow procedures in oil sector
- Development contracts
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
Status and Benefits
- Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
- The post is at grade E reporting to the Head, Petroleum Studies Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor (PDF) (See Nigeria address below) for OPEC or Click Here (Ms Word) to download Application Form. In order for applications to be considered, the application form and resume must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than the closing date stated above.
NIGERIA COUNTRY GOVERNOR
Federal Republic of Nigeria
Dr. Omar Farouk Ibrahim, MCIPR,
Group General Manager, International Energy Relations (GGM IER),
Governor for OPEC,
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation – NNPC,
Block D 10th Floor, Room 04, NNPC Towers
Click Here to Download Application Form (Ms Word)
Note: Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
To apply for this job please visit www.opec.org.