Olam Nigeria Limited
Materials Planning Manager Recruitment at Olam Nigeria Limited. Please read through before applying for this position.
Olam Nigeria Limited is located in Lagos, Nigeria and is part of the Farm Support Services Industry. Olam Nigeria Limited has 3,000 employees at this location and generates $222.01 million in sales (USD).
With offices and operational units across all geopolitical zones of the Nigerian Federation, Olam has a wide and growing network of farmers, suppliers, wholesalers, local buying agents (LBAs), customers and service providers. Today, these networks encompass approximately 500,000 farmers and have created tens of thousands of jobs in indirect employment.
Olam Nigeria Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Materials Planning Manager II
- Manages and ensure availability of locally sourced and imported raw/packaging materials. Maintain stock levels of ordered materials as per the agreed stock norms to help in achieving the supply chain objectives whilst optimising working capital and ensuring stock availability at the lowest cost.
- Materials Planning Manager is responsible for the management and communication of material forecasts with suppliers and pro-actively identifying and managing any potential supply constraints. S/he also manages supplier relationships and accountability in conjunction with Procurement and resolve materials supply issues or conflict escalations from other internal stakeholders.
- Stock is to be managed within working capital targets.
- Ensure regular update and maintenance of MRP Master Data.
- Ensure planning parameters and information on MOQ, Lot size, shipping and clearance lead-times are updated in SAP.
- Ensure the integrity of Material Forecasts generated by ERP and work closely with suppliers to ensure supply capacity and reliability.
- Communicate with suppliers on material requirement forecasts on an ongoing basis and ensure purchase orders are issued to suppliers within the agreed lead-time and lot sizes.
- Establish material requirements to meet Production Plans with the use of MRP Planned Orders and ensure that all MRP orders are based on the latest production plans.
- Ensure the timeous delivery of stocks to site and escalate to Procurement where required
- Track Working Capital of packaging and raw materials on a weekly basis.
- Use appropriate tools and Inventory Planning Models to determine safety stock targets.
- Manage call offs to suppliers in a manner that meets both working capital targets and cash flow needs
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND in any discipline from a reputable Institution
- Supply Chain (APICS etc) qualification (added advantage).
- 7-10 years experience – Essential
- 1-3 Years exposure to broad based procurement. – Essential
- Working Knowledge of Operations Planning / Supply Chain modelling and optimization – Essential
- Experience in managing external parties. – Essential
- Experience working and interacting with all levels in a business. – Essential
- Overall is well suited to be selected for the role
- Demonstrates the functional competencies and skills required to perform in the role
- Demonstrates communication, collaboration, managerial and leadership competencies required to perform in the role
- Aligned to the Olam culture and Shared Values.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
To apply for this job please visit careers.olamgroup.com.