Manager, Regulatory Services at MainOne Cable. Please make sure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable’s success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you’ll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Regulatory Services
Job Type: Permanent
- The Manager, Regulatory Services shall be responsible for identifying, managing and fostering long term relationship with relevant regulatory bodies across all of the Group Companies operating jurisdictions (such as NCC, NCA, ARTCI, ANACOM, NPA, DPR, NOTAP, Federal, State and Local authorities e.t.c)
Other responsibilities includes:
- Manage, advise and proffer practical solution to ensure compliance with the Group Companies legal & regulatory requirements and obligations
- Ensure regulatory compliance with the Group Companies licensing conditions, permit obligations, regulatory directives and all other applicable legal and statutory requirements with proactive regulatory liaison and engagements
- Keep abreast and analyze all applicable local and international legislation, regulations, guidelines and regulatory developments in the telecommunication industry impacting on the Group companies business and provide requisite advisory for the sustainability of the business
- Ensure and foster effective governmental, regulatory stakeholder management and engagement to protect and boost the Company’s interest and contribute to discourse and position papers on the telco industry
- Build effective working relationships within the Company and internal stakeholders and between the Company and regulatory stakeholders to support commercial decision making
- Influence policy formulation through submission of constructive legal opinions, position papers and active participation at regulatory forum and meetings in the telecommunication industry
- Represent and advance the Company’s interest in domestic and international telco industry organisation meetings
- Collaborate and facilitate cross functional decision-making relating to regulatory activities among the units in the legal department
- Interface with law enforcement agencies concerning issues of security and investigations
- Manage assigned projects to completion
- Coordinate, manage, develop and motivate the team in regulatory and government affairs unit, setting & monitoring clear objectives in line with functional and business goals
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Must have First Degree; LLM is an added advantage
- 8- 10 years Post NYSC experience with a minimum of 5 years in core regulatory and compliance practice
- Thorough understanding of Company and commercial law, Regulatory and compliance practice; telco regulations
- Experience in consumer-facing businesses, capacity sales business plus knowledge of telecom and/or support for sales clients preferred
- Exceptional judgment and strong initiative
- Strong inter-personal skills and a teamwork-oriented attitude
- Proven ability to effectively juggle competing priorities
- Candidate must be able to work under pressure with keen attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and possess the ability to interact effectively with other attorneys and staff, diverse inhouse client groups, senior executives, opposing counsel and outside personnel;
- Ability to interact effectively with business and technical clients in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
Demands of the Job
- Good research skills
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation in the team
- Constant awareness of sensitivity and confidentiality involved in the function.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit career.mainone.net.