United Nigeria Airlines
Manager, Commercial Services (MCS) at United Nigeria Airlines. Please ensure you read the job requirements before applying for this position.
Private Airlines Services Limited (Operators of United Nigeria) is a wholly Nigerian company incorporated under the Companies and Allied Matters Act of 1990 at the Corporate Affairs Commission to offer commercial air transportation services under the registered tradename; United Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Commercial Services (MCS); Head of Department and Member of Management
Location: UNA operational Base, Enugu
Employment Type: Full Time
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
Effective Date: TBA
- The Ground Operation Officer is to ensure that Ground Operations activities are coordinated timely on both Domestic, Regional, and International flights on passenger, fueling, and all ground handling activities as well compiling and providing, statistics reports and information relating to ground operations.
- Ground Operations Department at UNA ensures that passengers, luggage, cargo, mail, etc. are safely onboard the aircraft prior to departure and that passengers safely disembark from the aircraft and collect their baggage intact.
- It also ensures that the aircraft is adequately and timely received and remedied for every flight and that there are excellent facilities for fueling the aircraft and for handling passengers, baggage and cargo at various stations and destinations of the airline.
- It works with and supervises third-party ground handling companies that provide fueling, cleaning, ground equipment, janitorial services, baggage handling and catering.
- Prepare commercial contracts and negotiating commercial terms for business development
- Track and monitor commercial performances of various routes with a view to increasing revenue and earnings across the business
- Demonstrate leadership and provide active coaching and support to the commercial team
- Lead sales and marketing strategies
- Establish and manage innovative projects from idea generation to innovation execution
- Effectively research and analyze all areas of commercial portfolios to reflect business needs and identify new areas for growth
- Identify and develop new routes based on industry data
Central Reservation System:
- Help develop, lead, and deploy a central reservation system
- Creation and publication of flights, routes and connecting airport
- Plan unit of sales traffic and expectations
- Monitor load factor and revenue flown per day of the week
- Identify special event, religious festivals, sports events, holiday periods etc. and enter them in the holiday and special event calendar (HSE)
- Management and control of reservation inventory in a way that increases company profitability given the flight schedule and fare structure available
- Ensuring system data match with the published schedule
- Ensuring system integrity.
Pricing and Inventory Control:
- Lead price setting and reviews
- Ensure timely wash-up of all flights to maximize sales
- Monitor competitor`s availability and adjust allocations according to the marketing strategy
- Updating of fares and taxes
- Management and control of reservation inventory to increase business profitability
- Setting overbooking profile
- Setting group quote pricing structure
- Charter negotiations.
Planning and Managing Commercial Department:
- Develop, document, and implement business plans, processes, and procedures
- Structure the commercial department into various units
- Oversee business extensions in terms of corporate clients & Travel Agencies
- Coordinate sales processes and systems training for new recruits and refresher training for existing personnel
- Monitor and manage Customer Service and customer satisfaction process flow
- Ensure seamless relationship between out-stations and Commercial team to enhance business development
- Liaise with HR department for staffing needs
- Align with Accounts department for checks and balances
- Advising company on promotional offers and strategies.
- Develop a high-performance service culture within the business
- Develop KPIs with team members and monitor individual performance
- Conduct performance appraisal
- Manage the allocation of appropriate resources and commitment of staff to the achievement of business targets.
Experience & Qualifications
- B.Sc / BA, M.Sc / MA Marketing, Economics, Accounting or any Social Sciences or Engineering;
- 5 years requisite experience in developing and managing commercial business of major airlines
- 10 years post graduation work experience
- Certification in IATA ticket reservation system, Videcom or Amadeus will be an advantage.
Job Attribute Required Skills:
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Bilingual skills (working knowledge of French or Portugues) will be an advantage
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability and readiness to work under pressure and at odd hours
- Integrity and reliability at all times
- Ready and able to train and mentor young professionals.
- Strong network in the corporate world.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com