ATTENTION!!! FOLLOWS US ON GOOGLE NEWS and be the first to know about high paying job vacancies so you can apply IMMEDIATELY. Click here to JOIN GOOGLE NEWS.
Applicants can now apply for the current Logistics Officer job at SYNLAB. Please read carefully the requirement before sending in your application.
SYNLAB offers a full range of medical laboratory services for practising doctors, clinics and the pharmaceutical industry. The SYNLAB Group is the uncontested leader on the European market for human medicine laboratory services.
Job Title: Logistics Officer
JOB DESCRIPTION for Logistics Officer job
- To increase revenue for the company and achieve sample volume target
- To develop and manage operational budget for the transport department
- To control costs of maintenance, repair, replacement, and fleet related expenses
- To manage fuel card allocation for the dispatch and drivers
- To maintain service level agreement for logistics and ensure customer satisfaction
- To work closely with sales executives to ensure all client requests are effectively handled
- To conduct customer survey routinely (Monthly CSI) for dispatch riders.
- To review and effectively set up dispatch routes
- To ensure dispatch maintain the company’s image – adherence to branding requirement (Uniform & Bike)
- To develop and implement SYNLAB’s transport strategy
- To identify suppliers/vendors; negotiate contracts, and ensure that contracts are awarded in accordance with company policy
- To develop and review the fleet management SOP’s and supporting documents in accordance with the needs of the company
- To proactively monitor maintenance of the vehicles and determine vehicles that require repairs.
- Liasing with insurance companies for timely renewal / purchase and claims processing for the fleet
- Ensure 100% compliance with government legislation, licenses/permits and health & safety policies, NAFDAC etc
- Logistics – Planning and arranging, transportation for company (Visitors) as required
- Courier and general logistics management including managing imports and clearing of goods
- To review procurement requisition forms (PRF’s) and authorize PRF’s within the budget/ return PRF’s to user department if within budget allocation
- To purchase goods and services in the right quantity and quality, at the right time and price for use of the organization
- To supervise the inspection of goods and services delivered, to ensure conformance with specifications. Quality, Quantity and other SLA requirements
- Vendor registration and management of vendors database and necessary records / files documents
- Issue stock item to all departments and locations of SYNLAB and participate in stock counts as required
Job Requirement for Logistics Officer
- BSc Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
- Experience: 2-3 years experience as a logistics Officer
- Knowledge of shipping, wear housing and procurement is key
- Experience managing drivers and dispatch riders
- Must be a good problem solver
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Comply with laws, regulations and ISO requirements.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidate should send CV to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org