Medecins du Monde (MdM)
Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
Location: Damboa, Borno
Company: Medecins du Monde (MdM)
- The Damboa Logistics Officer works under the Supervision of the Base Log / Admin.
- He / She supports The Base Log Admin for all support needed in the base (office and guest house) function, including:
- Log Assistant, Drivers and Guard supervision,
- Energy Management
- Equipment and stocks management,
- Project team support,
- Field activity visit,
- Monthly Logistic Reporting
- Log Team management.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for supervising the logistic support Services in collaboration with the Base Log / Admin.
- Ensure the efficient management of resources (fleet, Assets, utilities)
- Ensure the good weekly vehicle planning
- In collaboration with the drivers and car, hire vehicle to ensure on-time repair & maintenance of the fleet vehicle.
- When vehicle moving for the maintenance and repair, he must remove the MDM visibility and put it back when the vehicles back at the office
- Ensure on time repair & maintenance of Generator
- Monitor the usage of fuel for vehicles and generator
- Monitor local procurement of goods and services for the Base according to the MdM Procurement procedures
- Assess the vehicle needs for a base in relation with project & office activities
- Ensure the rehabilitation of premises, clinic & regular check.
- Ensure the participation of logistics in the selection of premises for projects & offices
- Ensure that communication means are available for professional work (internet, telephone etc.)
- In collaboration with the Base Log / Admin, conduct the logistics assessments in the field whenever required, and provide the support to the team in the field.
Equipment and Stock Management:
- In collaboration with the Base Log Admin anticipation for the need for equipment for the base
- Ensure the good usage and maintenance of MDM equipment, (cleaning, security, protection; maintenance) … each extra equipment must be insecure metallic locked metallic shelve locked, inventory doc must be stick inside the door of the shelves.
- Ensure the tracking of equipment (Physical inventories at least once each 3 months, ensure that all equipment is labelled, if not he must refer it to the log base.
- Update on monthly basis the asset equipment list;
- Ensure that each staff when he received an equipment as a sign the reception of equipment and keep it update. (when staff give back is equipment at the end of his contract make sure after checking the equipment state the staff sign the return of equipment form;
- Ensure that each equipment has an ID Number if not must refer to his supervisor,
- In case of any breakdown of any equipment, ensure that the following document is submitted at the Base Log / Admin
- Report of the breakdown with complete incident report i.e. reason for breakdown.
- With the support of the Base Log.Admin, make sure proper utilization of IT equipment (each staff need to clean his laptop, not put it under water, shadow, dusty) etc.
- Be sure that each staff has cleaning materiel his computer (small brush, tissue, computer spray)
- Ensure that the guard follow up the procedure of all Handset VHF is on charge every day after duty, and follow the procedure of before putting on a charge, empty fully the battery then start the recharge,
Base Meeting and Report:
- Participate meetings with logistics base staff or take meeting minutes for staff base meetings as required, in close collaboration with the log base
- Participate in logistics meetings and programs for the movement planning once a week,
- Participate with the Base Log / Admin at the monthly SITREP, each mast week of the month
- Participate with the Base Log / Admin at the Logistic monthly report each end of the month (vehicle and generator fuel and maintenance follow up, Asset equipment none asset inventory, purchase follow up) etc.
- Field visit report should be done in case of any clinic visit, and send it to the base Log / Admin.
- In collaboration with the log base, adaptation of team according to the workload (including daily labour & temporary recruitments)
- Provide technical support to the team on logistics’ issues
- Participate in the recruitment with the Base Log / Admin
- Conduct the appraisal interview for Log Assistant, drivers and guards
- Participate in disciplinary actions
- In collaboration with the Base Log / Admin, identify the training needs conduct / arrange the training for them.
- Ensure HR rules / guidelines are followed in the management of the log team.
Security and Context Follow Up:
- Inform the Base Log / Admin on any evolution of the local context;
- Report to the Base Log / Admin in case of any security incident.
- Implementation of emergency measures, if required, under the supervision of the Base Log / Admin base.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Note: Applications without the correct email subject will not be treated.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com