Solidarites International (SI)
Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization operating for over 35 years who is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food, and shelter.
SI has started activities in North-eastern Nigeria in August 2016 in the fields of Wash and is now intervening in 4 areas of the state for Wash and Shelter activities.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL operates in the state of Borno, in the cities of Maiduguri, Monguno, Ngala and Dikwa.
Job Title: Logistics Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- The Logistics Assistant supports the Field Coordinator in implementing and supervising all logistical activities at his/her assigned base. In particular, he/she lends support to carrying out urgent activities, base stock management, procurement follow-up, day to day management of watchmen/ladies, filing and archiving logistical documents.
You may also like this; Social Safeguard Officer, PIU at NIMC
Follow up of supplies:
- Receive and check all Internal Order Forms originating from Maiduguri base and forward same for validation according to the mission’s Table of Signatories
- Update base IOF follow up and share same with base team
- Provide feedback to base team on all procurement requests
- Follow-up the regular supply of fuel to office and guest house for generators’ consumption
- Ensure quality check upon receipt of all supplies/services/work
Follow up of vehicle fleet:
- Liaise with the Field Coordinator to plan the base fleet needs
- Raise and submit vehicle IOF to for validation on behalf of Maiduguri base
- Draw up and submit weekly vehicle movement request to coordination
- Ensure that all administrative documentations are always available on the assigned fleet for Maiduguri base
- Ensure that all IPC related materials are available on the fleet at all times
Management of assets:
- Support Field Coordinator define base asset needs
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
- Update asset responsibility follow up for Maiduguri base
- Update Maiduguri Base Pack statement
- Follow and ensure data backup of all laptops for Maiduguri base
- Liaise with IT responsible to ensure access to SI’s ICT infrastructure by all concerned users
Management of supplies (Stock):
- Manage base stock according to SI’s stock management procedures
- Carry out monthly stock inventory and update the Maiduguri base stock report
- Ensure proper tracking of generator fuel stock
Human resource management:
- Daily management of all watchmen/ladies in Maiduguri assigned at SI’s Guesthouse and office
- Generate schedules monthly working schedules for all watchmen/ladies
- Ensure that watchmen/ladies are properly tracking movements in and out of SI’s premises
- Ensure that Watchmen/ladies are implementing IPC control measures at all SI’s premises
- Ensure that adequate safety equipment and needed PPEs are available at all times for use by watchmen/ladies
- Monthly Submission of Maiduguri base Park Statement to IT Responsible
- Monthly submission of Maiduguri base responsibility follow-up to IT Responsible
- Monthly submission of the updated stock report to coordination Supply Manager
- Monthly laptop backup report
- Training/Education: B.Sc. Supply, Social Science, Economics, Business Administration or related degrees
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience in a similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and 1 year of progressive experience in an INGO
- Languages: English compulsory (Hausa/Kanuri – Added Advantage)
- Logistics related skills: good knowledge of Supply chain, fleet management, store management, purchase, etc.
- IT skills: Good knowledge of Office software: Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analysis capacities, resistance to stress.
9th August 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
To apply for this job please visit goo.gl.