Deloitte is Recruiting for the position of Livelihood Officer.
About the Company
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters. Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
Job Title: Livelihood Officer
The Livelihood officer will support the implementation of project activities
They would also be required to assist in assessing existing livelihoods activities and value chains beneficial to the women in the corresponding project LGA.
- Assist to research existing agricultural systems at the LGA level and establish links with Agricultural extension workers
- Support Barefoot Business Councillors (BBCs) roles in supporting WAG members to implement business plans
- Support the evaluation of livelihood grant proposals and assist LGA evaluation committees in this process.
- Assist implementation of business plans created by WAG members
Provide guidance on approaches to enhance the quality of existing livelihoods by WAG members
- Assist in overseeing training of livelihood groups on the relevant livelihood sectors and skills needed to be successful
- Guide the development of monitoring tools to assist the field teams in monitoring the progress of the livelihood groups at the state level
- Assist in the development of state work plans
- Any other technical tasks as assigned by the Project.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Agriculture, Economics or related field is recommended but can be substituted for added experience working on livelihood issues at the grassroots level.
- Three to five years relevant experience in the field of livelihoods support, food security and economic strengthening programming in context of development and recovery. Such experience should cover both urban and rural settings.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and achieve results through collaboration.
- Strong analytical skills, including experience leading economic & livelihood assessments in a recovery context.
- Proven skills in providing capacity development support to local partners.
- Good use of Microsoft office tools
He/she should have the ability to work as part of a team.
Method of Application
Interested and Qualified Candidates should Apply Online
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.