British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion-dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
Please make sure you go through the job requirements before applying for this job.
Job Number: 30847
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Level: Experienced Professional
Appointment Type: Permanent
- We are looking to hire a Line Lead – Manufacturing to join our team in Ibadan, Nigeria
- This work involves offering support and management to a number of Team Leads in order to manufacture products on time and in full according to specified quality standards and at optimum cost, handling the overall good functionality of the shop floor.
- Rigorous execution of DMS and other applicable standards
- Month on month improvement in machine uptime and quality.
- Robust systems in place to monitor key performance indicators
- Good working relationships established both internally and with OEM’s.
- Comply with EHS standards and Audit recommendations.
- A strong analytical and coaching skills which inspires superior performance will be required.
- Takes ownership of equipment reliability and focusses effort on optimum production output as per schedule.
- Demonstrates ownership of improving the maintenance results and systems at specific equipment level.
- Conducts fixed-interval maintenance per plans, utilizing minimum resources.
- Understanding of storeroom operating strategies will be important.
- Understands and can clearly articulate basic demand principles.
- Understands and abides by standards and procedures for maintaining high standards of equipment effectiveness.
- Understands means of delivering high quality product outputs through effective utilization of direct and ancillary equipment.
- Effective at putting new insights into practice and proactively adjusts to new environments. Is a strategic and clear thinker that can create and simply articulate a compelling vision and determine priorities.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of 10 – 25
- A clear understanding of resource management (people and costs)
- Delivers exceptional results by executing with passion, excellence and a following through
- A high degree of interpersonal skills will be required to establish credentials and to pass on knowledge and experience to newer team members. Works together across boundaries internally and externally. Influences people to create and deliver shared goals.
- Possesses effective communication skills and can deliver superior performance with Operating teams. Understands what it takes to develop and succeed personally and professionally, is confident, deals effectively with ambiguity and recovers quickly from setbacks.
- Ability to develop and effectively coach/train Equipment Owners and other technicians. Inspires, engages and creates positive energy within his team, permeating the shop floor and delivering exceptional results.
- Minimum of 2 years in any manufacturing environment, preferably in an FMCG company
- Higher National Diploma or Bchs. Degree in Science / Engineering
- NYSC completed
- Familiarity with structured problem tools, such as fishbone diagram, 5 why, RCA
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Excel and good computer skills
- Analytical Skills – Ability to work with data and information
- Demonstrated ability to assimilate technical data to support recommendations
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Specific technical mastery on equipment useful
- Strong communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit careers.bat.com.