Website Microsoft Nigeria
Lead Program Manager – Windows, Developers & Experiences (WDX) at Microsoft Nigeria, Interested and Qualified candidates should see the job details and Apply.
Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company with headquarters in Redmond, Washington. It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports, and sells computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, the Microsoft Office suite, and the Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
At Microsoft our mission and values are to help people and businesses throughout the world realize their full potential.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Lead Program Manager – Windows, Developers & Experiences (WDX)
Job Number: 1018853
Employment Type: Full time
Travel: 0-25 %
Profession: Hardware Manufacturing Engineering
Role Type: People Manager
- We are building the future of human-computer interaction at the scale of Windows. If you want to help build the most used software experiences in Windows and refine them so that the next generation of Windows devices unlock the creative and productive potential of customers, come talk to us!
- The Windows Core Experiences team builds the core interaction experiences in Windows – these range from iconic UI like Start & Taskbar to the touch, voice, and pen+ink interaction models.
- We are looking for a data-driven and customer-obsessed PM lead with a history of; leading teams to deliver great end-to-end experiences, demonstrated success in thinking through major business and strategic initiatives, and a passion; for; growing and mentoring a team of talented program managers. Join our team and help define and deliver the next generation of Windows and the future of how humans experience computing.
Who We Are
The Windows team has offices in the US, Japan, India, and Kenya, and is part of the Experiences & Devices group within Microsoft. Our mission is bold: to help people achieve more through people and knowledge and we are looking for colleagues who will help make the mission a reality. We build Search experiences that are prominent in Microsoft 365 products including SharePoint, Outlook, Teams and Office.
- As part of the team, you will be leading a team to work on parts of the Windows UX, collaborating with user research to understand users needs and test whether your team’s solutions fulfill those needs.
- As the team leader, you will be expected to model best practices for collaboration and inquisitive thinking, coach the people on your team to find passion in their work, and support them to grow their careers through having impact on the product.
- To achieve our goals at the scale of Windows, you will collaborate and partner with teams across Microsoft to build support for proposed solutions to user problems. The ability to manage relationships across the company, build convincing data-backed business cases, and drive processes for transparency accountability across teams will all be important to success in this role.
- We are looking for someone who will work with design, research, and developers to envision how people will interact with Windows devices in the future. A willingness to dive deep into market and user data to inform investments and prioritization is essential.
- The ideal candidate must have strong customer empathy and UX skills, and a proactive attitude towards diving into a problem space, identifying and articulating user and business needs, and generating solutions.
- We need someone with a proven ability to deal with ambiguity and drive for clarity, as well as refined story-telling skills to bring innovative ideas to life when sharing vision for prototype features.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical equivalent and 5+ years of program/product management experience.
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of PMs, or similar discipline.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following skills:
- Planning and execution: Ability to think holistically and strategically. Leverage understanding of engineering rhythm so the team operates at a high level, knowledge is shared appropriately, and decision-making happens at the right levels on the team. Proven ability to plan, organize, and manage complex technical products.
- Communication: Able to conduct insightful, multi-faceted conversations with senior product and technical decision makers across Microsoft. Conceptualize complex ideas quickly and convey those thoughts to others in a clear, effective, and motivating manner.
- Collaboration: Experienced collaborator able to work effectively across broad teams and influence stakeholders of all levels and of all disciplines across Microsoft.
- Judgment: Excellent product and technical judgment. Consistently demonstrating maturity and intellectual curiosity, helping the team pursue the best ideas.
- Experience doing ground-up user research and talking to customers about their needs, in addition to testing whether solutions effectively fulfill those needs
- Demonstrated success with open-ended projects, creating plans for approaching new problems, responding to feedback, and driving the team through an iterative process for innovation
- Demonstrated success driving strategic partner engagements and delivering on complex projects
- Experience with UX platform-level code that enables a coherent experience across the OS and Apps.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
To apply for this job please visit careers.microsoft.com.