Junior Network Consultant vacancy at Siemens
Job Title: Junior Network Consultant
Job ID: 179278
Job Type: Full-time
Job Family: Sales
Organization: Gas and Power
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Siemens, is an Integrated Technology Company. The business activities of our Energy, Health care, Industry and Infrastructure & Cities Sectors have enabled us to capture leading market and technology positions worldwide. Technological excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and international focus have been our hallmarks for 165 years, making us strong and linking us to our shareholders, employees and customers as a partner of trust.
- Siemens Power Technologies International (PTI) provides consulting services and software products for the analysis and planning of public and industrial electrical power supply networks. A comprehensive training offering, covering the complete Siemens transmission & distribution portfolio, complements the scope of PTI. PTI serves both internal and external customers and supports the worldwide Siemens business in the areas of power transmission and distribution.
- The PTI Network Consulting business segment executes studies on the analysis, planning and operation of electrical power networks for public, commercial or industrial supply.
About the Role
- Focus of this function is the support of the execution of studies, or parts of studies, on the analysis, planning and operation of electrical power networks for public, commercial or industrial supply.
- The goal of this function is the completion of the assigned studies, or parts of studies, in quality, in time and in budget, as well as the achievement of the personal utilization targets.
Responsibilities comprise the following tasks:
- Execution of studies, or parts of studies, on the analysis, planning and operation of electrical power networks for public, commercial or industrial supply
- Self-dependent development of personal expert knowledge and personal project experience in minimum one portfolio element
Competencies & Experiences
- University degree in Electrical Engineering or Power Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC experience in Practical experience in the area of analysis, planning and operation of electrical power networks preferable
- Related work experience in Power sector, Oil & Gas or Manufacturing
Knowledge & Skills:
- Solid and detailed knowledge in selected topics in the area of electrical power networks, such as steady-state / dynamic / transient calculations, network structure development, neutral grounding, safety earthing, modeling and control of equipment (e.g. machines, HVDC/FACTS devices, renewable generation), network protection and control, smart grid, economic assessment, network operation, disturbance investigation, measurements in electrical power systems
- Experience in using programs for the analysis and calculation of electrical power networks, such as PSS SINCAL, PSS NETOMAC, PSS E or comparable tools
- Experience in project work and project management
- Fluent in English. Second language, preferably German
- Proficient use of MS Windows and MS Office
- Customer orientation
- Capability and motivation for teamwork
- Quality and results focus
- Communication skills
- Intercultural sensitivity and willingness to travel
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Please use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.siemens-info.com.