Junior Logistics Officer (Cement Industry) at Dangote Group. Please make sure you go through the job requirements before applying for this position.
The Dangote Group is a diversified and fully integrated conglomerate with interests across a range of sectors in Nigeria and Africa. Current interests include Cement, Sugar, Flour, Salt, Pasta, Beverages, Noodles, Poly Products, Transportation, and real estate with new initiatives in the Oil and Gas, Telecommunication, Fertilizer and Steel sector of the economy.
Job Title: Junior Logistics Officer (Cement Industry)
Job ref.: IbesePlantLogistics001
Location: Ibese, Ogun
Job type: Full time
Department: DCP – Logistics
- Provide support for the logistics function by managing Dispatch activities (weigh in and weigh out) to ensure all inbound and outbound trucks’ weight are accurately captured and documented, with a focus on time, in order to meet up with customers’ demand.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Check and Cross-check the relevant documents presented by the driver on climbing the scale.
- Ensure proper truck positioning on scale before commencing weighing process.
- Inputting the details information from the delivery note submitted into the system, that includes driver name and truck number.
- Unblocking of stock transfer order documents.
- Confirm truck weight while on scale before saving the transaction.
- Scale in the truck with correct information, capture details and save the transaction on the system.
- Record the details of the weigh in transaction into record book.
- Confirm accurate weight of loaded truck before updating details on the system.
- In case of truck loaded above / under tolerance limit, inform the supervisor for further action.
- Scale-out the transaction with correct information, update same, save and generate waybill / weighment ticket for empty/loaded trucks using system.
- Record the details of weigh out into record book of every single transaction.
- Give hourly report update as per the number of trucks weigh-in/out.
- Proper filling of all necessary transactional documents.
- Generate report at a closing hour and submit same to the supervisor.
- Ensure that all weighbridge activities comply with DCP’s Health, Safety, and Environment standards
- Perform any other duties assigned by the weighbridge supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Transport Management, Purchasing & Supplies or Business Administration
SEE ALSO: Cadbury Recruitment
Skills and Competencies:
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry.
- Sound knowledge of DCP’s product and service offerings.
- Working knowledge of inventory management terminologies, methodologies and approach
- Basic knowledge of system-based inventory management systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality
- Willingness to learn, improve and adapt to changing requirements
- Working knowledge of relevant supporting tools and technologies such as MS Excel, Project Management applications, etc.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.