Job Title: Junior Buyer
Konga – We are Nigeria’s largest online mall and have been in operation for over 6 years. Some of our major feats are winning Great Place to work awards two years in a row, winning an award for The Place Most Millennials would like to work and according to Forbes in 2015, 2nd Most Innovative Company in Africa. Our culture and values in a nutshell speak to placing our customers as priority, working hard, being passionate about what we do (and having fun in the process!) and teamwork. Our Company is full of ordinary people with extraordinary minds who desire to do extraordinary things!
- A buyer is responsible for planning, selecting and purchasing quantities of goods and merchandise that are to be sold. They source new and review existing goods to ensure their products remain competitive.
- Liaising with existing suppliers and negotiating contracts
- Sourcing and building relations with new suppliers
- Monitoring market changes, competitor prices and products
- Analysing past sales patterns to anticipate trends in consumer buying pattern
- Recommending clearance sales and varying delivery schedules to help control stock levels
- Presenting new ranges to retail managers
- Assisting visual merchandisers in planning store layouts to promote key lines.
- Good product knowledge
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Adequate knowledge of the supply chain and procurement function
- Data collection and ordering
- Knowledge of MS suite and other relevant computer applications
- Excellent product knowledge
- OND/HND/BSc in related field
- Efficient in the use of MS Office Suite
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent communication skills (Verbal and Written)
- Good presentation skills
- Attention to detail
- Effective planning & leadership skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
ALL Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] with the subject matter captured as “The Job Title
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org